'Breakfast' macaroni and cheese coming in 2021, says Kraft

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/05/breakfast-macaroni-and-che.html

4 Likes

Worry not… there isn’t going to be a 2021.

33 Likes

I already eat Mac and cheese for breakfast. Or any other available leftovers.

25 Likes

It’s grain and dairy. So is cornflakes and milk. So is cheese pizza. I rest my case.

32 Likes

Chorizo and eggs, with corn tortillas, black beans, and smoked habaneros. That’s breakfast. You’re a decade or so back in pre-internet terms…

27 Likes

So KD used to be made here in :canada: in Toronto, but they closed the plant and started shipping us “Kraft Mac and Cheese” from :us: sneakily disguised in similar packaging.

:face_vomiting:

Totally awful variant on the stuff… the American product is vile… Apparently sales up here have plummeted… people have figured out the scam.

Fortunately, President’s Choice still makes the good stuff…

So a breakfast variant… nope. Like to suffer the same fate as the (now owned by a Brazilian hedge fund and lost their way) Tim Horton’s vomitous, diabetic coma-inducing excuse for a breakfast cereal.

Sigh… it was the Avro Arrow cancellation did us in… it’s been downhill ever since… :thinking:

19 Likes

Anything is breakfast if you try hard enough

11 Likes

Oooh - will they vitamin fortify it like a breakfast cereal, so that I can fish for macaronis with a magnet and maybe use this as the electrolyte slurry of a breakfast battery? Breakfast macaroni, you are my undiscovered country! (or maybe John Donne said it best as, “O my America!”)

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=cereal-contains-iron

7 Likes

Ah, that explains it… I stopped buying it when it got close to two dollars on principal anyway :slight_smile: I like the Ital Pasta M&C, but not available everywhere

4 Likes

Speak for yourself.

17 Likes

This is disgusting. Why promote a gross, chemically processed “food?”

2 Likes

That sounds like an awesome breakfast, but I’d need a wee lie down after eating all that.
The Kraft foods things looks like “Batchelor Chow” from Futurama though.

9 Likes

1c31

14 Likes

The key question, for Canadian young people, is around aerodynamics. Because has become traditional for Canadian university students to pelt sanctimonious politicians with it, when getting lectured on valuing their education after yet another tuition hike.

3 Likes

The only thing keeping me going is spite. There’s a lot of people i need to outlive :japanese_goblin:

17 Likes

Sometimes I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I think “Tim Hortons used to be good.” They are just awful these days. Even their hash brown patties are terrible. How do you screw up fried potatoes?!

6 Likes

Somehow I expected this to be the regular version with about 6g added sugars and maple flavoring. I guess it could still happen. :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

I’d eat that.

I eat eggo waffles with hummus and syrup, and sometimes just Vegemite. I don’t see what the problem is.

8 Likes

Right the fuck on.

:fist:t5:

15 Likes

Yup. Them graves ain’t gonna piss on themselves, you know.

Re: mac and cheese for breakfast: smoked sardines make a great topping. Just sayin’

14 Likes