Breaking news: Justice Department says Trump can be sued by U.S. Capitol police over January 6 insurrection

Originally published at: Breaking news: Justice Department says Trump can be sued by U.S. Capitol police over January 6 insurrection | Boing Boing

21 Likes

“It was filed under the Ku Klux Klan Act, a statute written after the Civil War that allows for damages in cases involving force, threats or intimidation intended to hinder government officials from discharging their duties.”

Oh the irony for this guy.

46 Likes

They also claim to be supporters of the police while beating the shit out of cops with those “Thin Blue Line” flags.

35 Likes

Don’t we (yanks) all have ‘standing’? It was our tenuous democracy which was gravely threatened by this walking imposthume

12 Likes

I’ll be thrilled if this pitiful excuse for a human loses a significant amount of cash because of this.

I won’t be truly satisfied, however, until one or more of the likely criminal cases causes a loss of his FREEDOM.

28 Likes

I’ve got a good idea for the amount they should sue for:

18 Likes

Good start, but I would like to see a crater of at least $3.2B that can’t be discharge through bankruptcy, with an earmark of the amount needed to restore voting rights to all those disenfranchised from voting in Florida.

12 Likes

$3.2B
Sure Jan GIF

Or is that one of the calculations where they value the “TRUMP” brand at $4B?

22 Likes

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Let’s find out!

16 Likes

What cash? I’m still not convinced he has more than a couple coppers to rub together…

6 Likes

Justice delayed is justice denied… C’mon, giddy up!

3 Likes

23 Likes

Property, then. Anything that’ll prompt his foreign allies to start calling in their chits.

I mean, if he managed to stumble upon a Russian skyscraper “mysteriously openable” window in his travels, I would not look askance.

6 Likes

It does seem like the real justice in America only ever seems to happen with civil lawsuits. :confused:

9 Likes

Ding Dong released a statement yesterday saying if he doesn’t have absolute immunity then Biden should be held personally responsible for all the bad things that have happened while he is President.

He really needs better lawyers.

4 Likes

Better lawyers want to get paid. Up front.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.