Breasts aren't "boobs" or "titties" but rather "tiddies" or "titays"

“Within my titays, whereon thou dost lie,
My boding heart pants, beats, and takes no rest,
But, like an earthquake, shakes thee on my titties.”

Things Shakespeare’s wife might have said.

8 Likes

Hey, nice quislings!!

8 Likes

IMG_0047

3 Likes

I’m guessing that neither you or I spend a whole lot of time thinking about pet names for breasts.

Er, I mean, ganzonga-whompers.

4 Likes

fleshy mounds of wonderment

1 Like

Pretty much this. I know when playing games it’s often spelled with with double D’s which is a pun I didn’t intend to make. I always figured it was kind of a combination of getting past profanity filters and a nod to the fact that most game breasts, especially with anime type drawings but also eleswhere are sort of so far removed from the actual human body they kind of deserve their own word. Who knows? A rose by any other name I guess. I’m a fan of all breasts, even most men’s.

2 Likes

Tit! Tit!

It’s such a tinny word.

hqdefault

5 Likes

What if you are trying to be more nuanced?

Boobs for normal mammories. “That is a mighty fine set of boobs, and the dress accentuates them perfectly”.
Breasts when you’re trying to sound a little more upscale. “This 18th century art depicts a woman reclining with a single exposed breast.”
Titties when you’re trying to sound more street. “Yo girl, those are some fine ass titties!”
Tits when talking about gonzo fakes that look unnatural. “It’s really a shame that she went to the cut rate doctor to get those tits installed”.

10 Likes

It’s derogatory to refer to a woman’s breasts as “boobs”, “jugs”, “winnebagos” or “golden bozos”… you should only refer to them by their God-given name, “hooters”. – Steve Martin

Believe it or don’t, Martin’s performance of this bit (“what I believe”) on Saturday Night Live inspired the name of the tacky restaurant!

5 Likes

There are tits:

and Great tits:

then there are “boobs”

10 Likes

My favorite:

5 Likes

Personally, what I look for in a woman is her huge… tracts of land.

7 Likes

Bodacious ta-tas.

Goddesses of the bodacious ta-tas

via Nina Paley

13 Likes

BEWBS

1 Like
4 Likes

Takasissanay-nays

2 Likes

I fear this is a serious article, and serious viewpoint. Sigh.

“Titties” is a stupid word. It’s so stupid and gross

No. No it isn’t. Any more than ‘m o i s t’ is. Both claims are purely subjective personal views. Trying to impose some weird new usage on the rest of us just because some trendy young millenial thing (or indeed anyone) gets all “eeeeew” over a few letters in a particular order, is simply not on. Not at all, no sirree.

As for:

“Titties with a ‘t’ is nice, but it just sounds like college boys talking about boobs,” she says. “Tiddies is ‘we are older, but we are recognizing we are making a joke about boobs.’” Because “titties” is so ridiculous

Yes the author can bring her own sensibilities, and even share them with us, but the fact that titties sounds like college boys, etc. is the author’s problem and that does not mean it should be made everyone (or indeed, anyone) else’s problem. And people going around saying tiddies would make me think “what are they, 12 or something” - which is what I’d think if I ever heard titays, too. And that would be my problem but I’m not going to write a (clickbait?) magazine article about it.

Of course, if the whole thing is a humourous wind-up (which I doubt, there seems serious intent here) then whoosh and/or colour me unamused, and mumble, mumble, something about lawns, and probably political correctness gone mad, too! :wink:

Anyway, to conclude, the point of this ramble is to remind everyone that it is a long-proven axiom, of course, that breast is best.

7 Likes

Hmmm. "Nice Funko Pops!"… "Nice Fantasy Islands!"… "Nice Corgis!" (my corgi is looking at me while I eat my toast)

Now I just want to spend the rest of the day thinking of un-sexy euphemisms for breasts.

"Nice letters from the IRS!"… "Nice Trumps!"

sigh

9 Likes

I could go on:

Booby

Chick
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/chick

Cock

I think we secretly all want to fuck birds.

5 Likes