Brexit and Brexit Accessories

Yeah, what politicians can get away with these days is astonishing. :cry:

2 Likes

It’s just so frustrating. You can have a million people marching for something, you can have a million signatures on a petition and it accomplishes precisely nothing. Well, the petition will get a boilerplate response and if there has to be a debate in parliament it will be the smallest possible committee meeting in a meeting room somewhere and producing the same boilerplate in the end.

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Three completely unrelated stories in the news today.

As with all political decisions- this is a choice, deliberately made.

6 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

https://www.thelocal.de/20201127/germany-passes-law-to-guarantee-rights-of-british-residents-after-brexit-date

(Swiped from a post by @anothernewbbaccount in the tampon thread.)

6 Likes

This came up on my playlist rotation yesterday. (Working my way through my music collection alphabetically, now.)

I was going to append the lyrics for anyone who felt the video was tl;dw - but no, please watch it. The lyrics are there and what happens to the flag sums it all up.

4 Likes

Meanwhile the UK govt plans to treat some British citizens worse than EU citizens when it comes to the right to live here with an EU citizen partner.

7 Likes

Came to this thread looking for Brexit merchandise. Some cool accessories for my EU outfit.

Left disappointed. Not in Boing Boing, just in the lack of Brexit fashion accessories

5 Likes

All the Brexit stuff I have seen can be best described as anti-fashion accessories. Fash accessories may be more accurate too.

9 Likes

This is all you need. Wear it proudly and always. Matches anything and everything else you may be wearing.

6 Likes

Oh, I have that already. As a Yankee living in Germany, I would happily get a EU citizenship if it didn’t mean renouncing my USA citizenship. That’s the rule for Germany, which is what I am eligible.

4 Likes