Brexit and Brexit Accessories

1 Like
5 Likes

Not that I like posting anything said by Jens “personal friend of Richard Grenell” Spahn…

1 Like

Of course, the Little Englanders at Westminster couldn’t keep from embarrassing themselves for more than a day:

5 Likes

That’s just embarrassing.

They’re not even hiding the naked jingoism anymore.

5 Likes

And just to make sure the negotiations don’t accidentally succeed:

4 Likes

What a prat. Hundreds of thousands of deaths worldwide, a global economic disaster, tens of millions of job loses and all they’re concerned with is one-upmanship politicking. My only surprise is that it wasn’t that frog man of the people Nigel Fromage.

3 Likes

Couple experience political awakening after hearing about Brexit pet passport changes

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

More plausible and deeply worrying speculation over on Charlie’s blog, it makes for grim reading so be warned.

3 Likes

It’s clear now that the Conservative party has, since 2017, succumbed to entryism by a faction of extreme right wing xenophobes who, in alliance with a cadre of rapacious disaster capitalists, intend to ram through a Brexit that does not involve any kind of working trade agreement with the EU.

I don’t believe it’s entryism as much as a radicalisation of the existing membership (of about 5 rural landowners in the Home Counties).

I don’t know, I’m as anti-Brexit as they come but some of these predictions seem a bit unrealistic even to me. And that’s a problem because if it isn’t quite as bad as our worst predictions (e.g. if lorry drivers do live in squalor on the car park but aren’t backed up all the way to the M25) it will be an excuse to say “see, it isn’t that bad, it was all Project Fear!”

3 Likes

It’s sort of Charlie’s tendency to flex his dystopian future chops but even he has admitted it’s not the worst case scenario he can imagine, which sends a chill right up my spine. I fully expect hardline brexiteers to always lay blame at the EU and now Covid when our new collective nightmare begins early next year.

1 Like
2 Likes

Nope, still not feeling any nostalgia for the era of that haunted cadaver.

2 Likes

Honestly a word I have never, ever seen used without the word “Albion” following it!

To be honest I never got it with the whole fishing thing. It’s a minor issue and one that English Tories can’t credibly say they actually care about. Regulatory alignment is the actual core of the issue and if they are really at sea over that at this stage then the English Tory far right have got their way and crash and burn it is.

6 Likes

I really don’t get it either. I must have missed the moment when brexit suddenly became all about the fishing… Oh my god, the fishing! We have to protect the fishing!

4 Likes
4 Likes