Brexit and Brexit Accessories

4 Likes

The power of propaganda

9 Likes

Liz Truss?

I guess she has that harmless idiot aura…

1 Like

Her huge and toxic TERF aura isn’t detectable by most people.

trade secretary Liz Truss

For a moment there I thought she wasn’t minister for cis women and inequality anymore. Sadly she has both jobs.

6 Likes

No, no - everything is the EU’s fault. Starting with the loss of the colonies in North America.
Possibly sooner.

5 Likes

Everything after the battle of Agincourt is the EU’s fault.

6 Likes

My dyslexia read that as Lynne Truss.

Well, a lot of her “fans” are tories, so just an added bonus…

She has two jobs, and is absolutely shit at both of them, but she champions British cheese, so most popular (or is it that she never has anything to say about covid, or bad news to bring on that front)?

1 Like

So did Wallace and Grommit, with the added bonus that Peter Sallis wasn’t a Tory (or at least he never said he was)

8 Likes

I think Wallace and Gromit would definitely do a better job obtaining trade deals…

10 Likes

Absolutely. Wallace did always bite off more than he could chew but he did read up on it first, bring a pleasant can do demeanor to all his work, and he was unswervingly honest. He also had a genius working in the background for when his innocence blindsided him.

So just immeasurably better than the Tories.

Plus the trade delegations would be won over by the tea and biscuits. Let alone the cheese!

10 Likes
5 Likes

“The depth of the ties between leading Conservative Brexiteers and the global Christian Right, anti-abortion and anti-LGBT movement are laid bare in a series of documents released by Wikileaks last week. They are among 17,000 internal filesoriginating from controversial ultra-conservative campaigning organisations in Spain.”

“ Frederick Clarkson, a researcher at the Political Research Associates, a social justice think tank based in Massachusetts, said that these “strategic documents” demonstrate that the agenda of the Christian Right is broader than “matters of sexuality and gender” and that it is also about “the erosion, if not the elimination of liberal democracy”.”

8 Likes
10 Likes

“ We can have our own standards! that no one else will accept.

Obviously the goal was to not actually maintain the same high stafety standards, becasuse Regulation Is Bad, but when the consequence is France won’t let you sell your shit…”

-TERF Island? Chef’s kiss!

6 Likes

It’s more than just milkshakes of course.

ETA: For some context…

2 Likes
5 Likes

At least the ‘go home’ vans were blatant in-your-face cruelty but this takes it to a whole 'nother level.

4 Likes

ETA:

2 Likes

This was out yesterday: Ryanair to withdraw operations to and from Northern Ireland this winter

While most of the flights are tourism there’s three services to Poland being discontinued. I don’t know that’s Brexit related, I have a friend who went home when flights resumed and hasn’t decided whether to come back here yet, you would have to think it’s a factor. Getting rid of Polish people was one of the key promises of Brexit.

3 Likes