Brexit and Brexit Accessories

Brexiteers love to fantasise about self-reliance and unleashing the potential of British creativity that was somehow suppressed by the dead hand of the EU and its paralytic commitment to harnessing the power of the free market to drive innovation.

5 Likes

As long as we’re posting insane Express ramblings:

4 Likes

I hear the bootstrap factory is hiring. Maybe they can get a job there when the economy collapses?

3 Likes
8 Likes

Dibbler is inconsolable.

7 Likes

21 Likes

Ah, but BrexitBritain cannot rest easy… those dastardly foreigners are scheming to beat Britain to the goal:

But Britain is not the only country going at it.

The EU and its international partners, including the UK, are working on the ITER Tokamak in southern France.

So, despite our break for freedom, those foul Frogs are still conspiring to benefit from our British knowhow.

/s obviously.

2 Likes

The UK can now become the new capital of paranoid suppressed-technology podcasts?

1 Like

Weren’t the blue passports made in France, too?

9 Likes

Britain has a proud tradition of outsourcing its creativity.

As has everywhere else by the way. Immigration and cooperation are fucking brilliant.

4 Likes

By a French company in Poland, IIRC.

8 Likes

And the colour change to Red wasn’t even mandated by the EU anyway. EU countries can (and do)have very dark blue passports, but accuracy doesn’t really count for much in the minds of the Brexit obsessives.

9 Likes

Well, we all know what the Milk Marketing Board was really up to, don’t we…

2 Likes

Correct. Adding just another layer of insanity.
Especially considering every old British passport I have ever seen (my family tree has a British, well, rather twig than branch) was so very, very dark blue that they always looked black to me. But then again, what does Johnnie Foreigner know about proper colours, right?

5 Likes

I’m not exactly young (41) i’ve yet to see a blue(/black) passport in person…

Quite why such a thing matters just baffles me (even ignoring the fact we could have had that colour anytime in the EU anyways…)

3 Likes
5 Likes

:thinking: 9 electrons by my count, that makes it Fluorine … so solving both the corrosion problems and the wild engineering of fusion that far into the periodic table with their “Spherical Tokamak”… so… not a Tokamak, for the low low price of £222 million. /s :rofl:

At least when you read old Soviet propaganda you knew that they knew what they were trying to do when they wrote it.

4 Likes

My dad had one, but he was an engineer on container ships so he spent most of the year out of the UK.

And it always looked black to me, no matter what the lighting was like.

2 Likes
11 Likes

To be fair that programme is obviously useless and is just a media stunt. Any Nobel prize winner is going to get a visa when they are headhunted. Not like they’d be arsed applying speculatively

On the other hand, don’t you think he’s looking a little tired?

14 Likes