Brexit and Brexit Accessories

Believe Nothing episode 3: Might as Well Face It, You’re Addicted to Fudge.

3 Likes

I’ve never even heard of this. I shall have to watch it.

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes

I suppose walking away from talks is “taking control” as well. :thinking:

Oh dear, what is :canada: to do now without a trading treaty with one of our former imperial overlords. /s

Given our shared land border with :denmark:, and friendly, 1000-year old ties with :iceland:, I think :canada: should apply to enter the :eu: if the :us: elects Trump and NAFTA/USCAM is cancelled again.

5 Likes

You’d have to win the ESC first to be eligible, though.

3 Likes

Rachel McAdams almost did, but that was singing for :iceland:. :grin:

Tell you what, if the :eu: lets us in, we promise not to send Justin Bieber as our ESC entry.

Edit: @Doctor_Faustus oh jeez… forgot about Céline Dion winning in 1988, eh… I was in exile at the time. Long story. … and she was singing for :switzerland:, so… :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Iceland is not an EU member, and Greenland withdrew from the EEC in 1985 after home rule was introduced.

The French overseas territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon, only 19 km from Newfoundland, is also outside the EU but it does use the euro.

5 Likes

Uhm, Céline Dion DID win in 1988

2 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

It’s the image capturing that seems to be putting people off the process.

The Co-op found that just under half (46 per cent) said they didn’t like the idea of their details being captured and remaining in the system for up to three years.

Every time I enter the UK my picture is taken at the automated passport gates. Time for a taste of their own medicine.

5 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, but what about the top .1%? They’re better off in the UK, I bet, and that’s what matters.

7 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes