Brexit results going forward

So - the U.K. version of this.

2 Likes

How many do I have to get wrong to get a free one way trip to Calais?

3 Likes

DOES DAVID BRADLEY COUNT

WHAT ABOUT THE EXTRAS IN ā€œTHE BRAIN OF MORBIUSā€

3 Likes

Letā€™s seeā€¦ William Hartnellā€¦

first-doctor-yep

Patrick Troughtonā€¦ (his son has showed up on some episodes, and I think his daughter directed one?)

second-doc-hello

The largely earth bound and suaveā€¦ Jon Pertweeā€¦

3rd-doctor-courage-is

THE Doctor, Tom Bakerā€¦

4th-doc-jelly-baby

The youngest up to Matt Smith, Peter Davidsonā€¦ (and now David Tennants father in law!!!)

5th-doctor-cricket

The unfortunate Collin Baker (a great actor with not a great doctor as written)ā€¦

6th-doctor-okay-weird|nullxnull

The first to not use RP for his accent, Sylvester McCoyā€¦

im-done-7-doctor

The crappy movie doctor who showed up, that was ā€œhalf-humanā€ on his motherā€™s side, and had some great Big Finish plays and a good short for the 50th anniversaryā€¦ Paul McGannā€¦

tumblr_n65q6qIttr1sw1tf9o3_500

Does Paul Hurt, the War Doctor go here? I say yesā€¦

war-doctor-midlife-crisis|nullxnull

Did not get nearly enough episodes, Christopher Eccelstonā€¦ I can never remember if thatā€™s with an e or notā€¦

cant-argue-history

Hands down probably the fan favorite of the new era, David Tennant, who is literally everywhere these days and also producing a large number of grandchildren for doctor no. 5ā€¦

allons-y

Does Donna count, good old Katherine Tate?

donna-spaceman

Possibly one of my two faves of the new era, Matt Smithā€¦

11th-doctor-not-ginger

The most old school of the new school, Peter Capaldiā€¦

12th-doc-attach-eyebrows|nullxnull

And of course, the current lovely new Doc, Jodie Whitakerā€¦

tumblr_pko6c82jez1rika5eo2_400

Also, extra bonus Capt. Jack, because why notā€¦

5encltihvplj2|nullxnull

I only forgot the name of 2 off the top of my head, but thatā€™s because my head is stupid

6 Likes

4 Likes

THE VALEYARD I FORGOT THE VALEYARD

how many times can i take this test before being deported

2 Likes

6th-doctor-sigh|nullxnull

NOT canonā€¦ I would say we could make an argument that McGann is also NOT canon, but he showed up in the 50th anniversary, so he IS now canonā€¦

But I do love the Rowan Atkinson episodeā€¦ especially since Joanna Lumley shows upā€¦

joanna-lum-doctor

Oh shit, me too.

5 Likes

That Union Jack sticker hastily slapped on the overhead sign says it all.

(I mean, how the fuck did they not understand thatā€™s how borders work.)

8 Likes

And to think I thought it was a carnival gameā€¦ oh well!

4 Likes

7 Likes

I think any Doctor Who written by Terry Nation is automatically canon. However, since the character Cushing played is the same as the one played by Hartnell, ie the First Doctor, arguably he doesnā€™t count as a different Doctor Who. One would have to get clarification from the Home Office.

If one considers The Avengers and James Bond as science fiction (as I do), then Joanne Lumley is possibly the greatest Sci Fi actress of all time. From OHMSS to Absolutely Anything she has been in scores of sci fi and fantasy productions, and usually the best thing about whatever it is sheā€™s in.

4 Likes

Triumph Motorcycles, since the 1990s a real British entrepreneurial success story, is moving production to Thailand. In the wake of Nortonā€™s death.

I thought technology was the biggest risk for the UK motorcycle industry (again). But no.

It was Brexit.

6 Likes

Uh, John Hurt.

2 Likes

Not those no, Iā€™d argue, even with Terry Nation.

There was also Sapphire and Steelā€¦

war-doctor-midlife-crisis|nullxnull

GAH! Clearly, I donā€™t get the 70 points! Sorry, Britain, I wonā€™t be gracing your shores with my presenceā€¦ but as we all knowā€¦

black-books-fran-english-bollocks

Hey Republic of Irelandā€¦ what you doing over thereā€¦ need a thrice removed native?

6 Likes

Ireland could easily revive its irredentist claims in the north. After Good Friday, they changed their constitution by removing the explicit claim to the northern counties, and replacing it with a statement that there can be no borders on Ireland. If Boris does anything to close that border, that could heat up fast, and , unlike Gibraltar, there would be violence in the north the instant that happened.

3 Likes

sorry

7 Likes

Steven Moffatt would disagree.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/peter-cushings-doctor-who-movies-are-now-canon-but-not-the-way-you-think

I think Irish issues are inevitable, but I think they are less about Englandā€™s relationship to Ireland than they are about her relationship to Europe.

ETA: I realize I said that last sentence exactly backwards; sleep deprivation at work. The canon thing, though, I stand by.

2 Likes

I disagree with Moffatā€¦ And sine when are novelizations canon? Never, thatā€™s whenā€¦

But letā€™s let the people decide!

• Moffat is correct, Cushing is Canon
  • Bollocks to that

0 voters

1 Like

Well, not you, obvious! :wink:

5 Likes