Brian Eno wants you to hear something

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/15/brian-eno-wants-you-to-hear-something.html

2 Likes

Contributed by Natalie Dressed

2 Likes

I mean you can listen to Hugo Largo without Brian Eno yammering over the music by… playing their albums

5 Likes

I had their first album “Drum” (a recording with no drums on it, ha ha) when I was in college and I kinda liked it I guess, but at some point I sold the LP.

My brother (a drummer) also had their “Mettle” album on cassette (also, no drums) but I don’t remember ever listening to it.

I am curious to revisit those albums now that I’m older, I find a lot of things I dismissed when I was in my teens and 20’s I like now.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m rewatching the Good Place right now, but this headline has serious Bad Janet vibes.

1 Like

My band ApoCowLypso opened for Hugo Largo in Richmond in the eighties…they were lush, of course, but mostly I remember singer Mimi Goese unceremoniously and unprovocatively removing a layer of clothing after each song (she started with quite a few). Unfortunately on that night they were victims of The Curse of ApoCowLypso, and delivered a flawless show to maybe a dozen people tops.

1 Like

i loved Hugo Largo back in the day. Interesting to see them popping up again for whatever reason… and with an Eno connection now, no less.

1 Like

For some reason Apple Music only has two tracks of Drum available to stream. This could be taken as a confident “we know you’ll like these two enough to go find the super hard to find vinyl (or just go stream it on Y’toobs)”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.