Brian Eno, Roger Eno, and Daniel Lanois discuss the recording of "Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/29/brian-eno-roger-eno-and-dani.html

2 Likes
4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they mention that on the original LP’s liner notes, certainly in the original cd reissue booklet.

1 Like

This and Blank Frank kind of pre-figure punk, don’t they (if I may over-simplify) and that Fripp. Damn.

Wiki says the song is about someone photographing a baby that is in flames. Uh, no.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’ll see your “Baby” and raise you a “Faraway Beach.”

Because I like how it feels

3 Likes

Oh man, i saw this recently for the first time and it is spectacular.

2 Likes

i first listened to eno when i was young and had bad taste, now me, an intellectual listens to a lot of stuff like tycho, random vaporwave, emancipator… are there any good eno albums to get started with? i like “chill” music, and tycho is one of my favorite artists, it’s my understanding eno inspired tycho a lot?

1 Like

‘Music for airports’ is about as chill as it comes. ‘No Pussyfooting’ is great. Not chill but ‘Here come the Warm Jets’ is a demented pop classic. I quite like the ‘Bang on a Can’ version of ‘Music for Airports’. Real instruments reproducing the minimal electronics of the original.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve just watched Eno’s ‘Ascent’ video. Talk about getting gobsmacked.This was the end music used in Soderbergh’s film Traffic (as Benicio del Toro’s character watches kids playing baseball). (!!!)

1 Like

TCM had it on last weekend. Its got a permanent spot on my DVR

2 Likes

It looks like music for airports is free on prime queing it up now as some pre bed music, thanks. I’m enjoying it had a stressful day.

If you like this liquid mind is also good imho

(I’m not poor but I was raised to avoid subscriptions so if I can get free music on prime not inclined to also get Spotify or pandora ad free. Sorry to ramble but prime musics commercial free ambient / classical catalog is highly underrated imho - not a huge selection but lack of commercials helps me focus)

3 Likes

What a great pop artist he was.
To bad for the rest of us that it could not hold his attention.
Or not…

1 Like

I was pretty focused until this commercial :wink:

Sorry didn’t mean to plug it, I was just really pleased I could avoid paying $ since something I already have can accomplish same goal

Hey, looks like Dennis McCarthy ripped Brian Eno off when he wrote the “Chrismas Hug” track for Star Trek: Generations.

Compare:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.