New song from Brian Eno's forthcoming expanded edition of "Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/08/new-song-from-brian-enos-for.html

5 Likes

Foolishly I imagine that one day I will have budget for CDs again, and this is high on my list.

4 Likes

This has been one of my favorite albums since it first came out – had the cassette, and Alan Shepard signed my CD sometime back in the 90’s. I’ll definitely be triple-dipping.

3 Likes

i love, love, LOVE this album. i used to play it all the time. curiously, though, i’ve never seen the movie he made it for. i should fix that.

3 Likes

Criterion has a 5.1-remixed Blu-ray Disc. One of my top 10 for sure.

4 Likes

I was introduced to this album by the Trainspotting soundtrack; I loved “Deep Blue Day” and found a used copy of Apollo at Amoeba Records in SF. It was my entry point to Brian Eno and a whole new world of music.

1 Like

ZOMG Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks was on heavy rotation during my tenure as a doctoral student. Looking forward to the expansion!

Your local library may be able to help, with or without Inter Library Loan.

1 Like

Foolishly I imagine that one day I will have budget for proper stereo again…

I like the album (although as far as Eno goes, my favorites are Here Come the Warm Jets and Another Green World) but I love the movie which is definitely one of my favorites.

1 Like

Dress it up!

2 Likes

This sounds straight out of the 80s. Are we sure this is new and not a leftover track from the original?

Anyway wake me when Kate St. John makes some new tracks with Roger.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.