Britain's KFCs just ran out of chickens

I am hoping the Labour Party sees the fantastic opportunity here to illustrate what’s wrong with “outsourcing”, and explain how this happens on a monthly basis to government departments who’ve been forced to farm out core operations to whichever private company can pluck the lowest number out of their anus.

Of course, if this happened to a council-run fried chicken chain, there would’ve been council employees delivering chicken in their Nissans overnight, and the shops would’ve stayed open, and the Daily Mail would be running stories about how tired and morose the staff were the next day and how those chicken shops should be privatised.

8 Likes

Squab is delicious.

1 Like

Maybe DHL was haunted by Poultryguists.

13 Likes

OK, close the tread. You win.

No, we specifically don’t want US chicken, thanks!

6 Likes

I have never had a good experience with DHL and I don’t know anybody who has.

Fortunately, everywhere in Britain, there’s a Dixie Chicken closer to you than the nearest KFC.

1 Like

DHL%20Hybrid%20Drive%20Chkn

2 Likes

Louis Jordan has the essential insight -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_urcQIuHPY

1 Like

Kentucky Fried Bangers? Is there a UK equivalent to Kentucky?

I think the people who argue that have never actually worked for a big, or even middling-sized company.

5 Likes

You don’t do much international shipping, do you? USPS and UPS is a joke compare to DHL when international shipping is concerned. The prices for goods shipped from the US to “not USA” are atrocious, tracking only works reliably for the US and shipping time is subpar.

To be fair, I’ve never found a shipping company that can reliably get things out of the country. Everything goes to shit when it crosses the border.

Not my experience. I regularly order stuff from all over Europe, mostly from Amazon. Oh the joys of the European Economic Area…

3 Likes

Scotland i would guess. They’re fond of deep frying stuff from what i understand.

1 Like

I’m sure they got some by now, no?

Years ago I had ThinkPad repaired on what was supposed to be 2-day turnaround service, but the machine got held up in Sacramento for several days by DHL. When I called them to ask what the holdup was, they said it was because there was “so much water” between Sacramento and Honolulu (where I live). They repeated this several times: “So much water!” My take-away from this is that rather than using the (frequent) flights between SMF and HNL for transport, DHL hires swimmers to hand-carry the shipments.

In the KFC case I suppose they were confounded by all the rivers in the UK. So much water! How can the ramblers that DHL hire to carry the chickens get across all that water?

11 Likes

I do. I order from overseas all the time (including from Europe). Post office is almost always the cheapest and most efficient.

1 Like

Looks like Scarfolk isn’t running out of food any time soon…

All the courier companies are equally bad. Though I have particular hatred for jersey post out of the UK. How is it a package with paid shipping takes 3 times longer than one with free shipping option?

1 Like