Britain's KFCs just ran out of chickens

This feature of Disqus really annoys me. I’m obviously going to assume that the deleted post called me fat. If someone’s cat walked on the keyboard or whatever it should just be crossed out.

3 Likes

trump is definitely going to cancel that state visit now.

3 Likes

I always assume that the post was the funniest, most brilliant post and I missed it.

4 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here:
“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that’s all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.” John Ruskin

Modern competitive tendering MBA twats / ‘corporate nimrods’ could take some lessons here.

6 Likes

Your assumption was that the post was too good for this world and was removed so it didn’t overshadow every other post on BB? Sounds plausible.

2 Likes

I will usually edit my posts rather than delete them because the post removed thing annoys me.

Bristol, I have heard.

1 Like

I don’t know…I bought a large painting in Quebec City and the gallery shipped it via DHL. There was a knock at the door and the dude was gone (I was supposed to sign for it). Of course, the wooden crate had a huge hole in the side, and the painting had a slightly smaller hole in the canvas. So, ymmv.

3 Likes

Hmph. Discrimination.

4 Likes

Yeah. Hell, I’ve seen some monstrous wastefulness even in small companies. Especially when looking at things like business “entertainment” expenses.

maybe when the dead arise from the earth we can deep fry and dip them in gravy?

Didn’t we design and build GPS because of how difficult it was to deliver cross-border packages efficiently and to the correct recipients?

2 Likes

I wonder what his bonus will be this year?

3 Likes

In all fairness between KFC and DHL, KFC does sell some extremely small chicken parts. Like munchkin chickens. Maybe they simply misplaced them?

1 Like

One of my two worst fears. The other is that science discovers that chicken causes cancer. The horror!

Agreed. I have no experience with Jersey Post, but while DHL, UPS and FedEx all advertise themselves as being in the business of delivering packages, in my experience they don’t seem to have much expertise or even interest in delivering packages. I can’t even keep track of the number of times I’ve had a conversation along these lines:

“I was expecting a package to be delivered today and I see on your web site it says it was delivered but the package isn’t here”
“Our driver said they attempted to deliver it and no one answered.”
“I was home all day and no one rang the doorbell. When will re-delivery be attempted?”
“It won’t. Instead, we have helpfully left your package at a dry cleaners on the other side of the city that is only open during the hours that you are at work.”
“Your website says you will make three delivery attempts. Any chance of you picking that package up and attempting re-delivery?”
“None at all”

So what I’m saying is, maybe there’s a dry cleaners in the UK somewhere with just a MASSIVE stockpile of chicken slowly going bad in the back room.

7 Likes

My guess would start at whatever savings there were supposed to be…

2 Likes

“Losing”, my ass; it’s blatant theft. I had a buddy who worked at DHL, heard it all. That’s where he got his current laptop, in fact >.<’.

1 Like

The USPS actually has a very good delivery rate, internationally… Until it is handed off to that country’s postal service, that is ^^’.

My experience with them, shipping packages for my snowbird parents, has been quite good - their flat-rate packages normally reach their destination well within the three-day window, shipping from the Chicago area to Arizona. On the other hand, sending a first-class letter within the Chicago area once took them two weeks.