Britain's KFCs just ran out of chickens

Not just the UK, but all of Europe as well, and the truck tax was eventually applied worldwide - it’s the reason Volkswagen Type 2 pickups and windowless delivery vans disappeared from the US, and Japanese pickups ended up being built here. Even stupider was that one of the intended beneficiaries of the tax (Ford) had to go to ridiculous lengths to import the Transit Connect; they were built with full passenger interiors, shipped to the USA, and then stripped and fitted with windowless side panels, with the passenger equipment shredded for recycling. When they were called out on these shenanigans, they simply stopped importing it.

The various incarnations of the Sprinter van get built in Germany, then completely disassembled, shipped here, and then reassembled. Apparently, CKD kits are a valid workaround.

2 Likes

Bristol is full of hippies and lefties.

Not sure, but I used to walk past a Kenyan Fried Chicken place on my way to work that precisely mirrored the logo of KFC, but it was all blue rather than red.

4 Likes

We have several Korean fried chicken places near me- but they’re not called KFC’s.

3 Likes

Has The Hound been visiting?

hound%20chicken

2 Likes

Reminds me of the “Kennedy Fried Chicken” places in NYC. They don’t bother changing the colour from red.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read that too. LOL. Really, the more I read about protectionism laws, the more it seems to ultimately hurt who they are trying to protect most of the time.

Meanwhile, in Quebec but not in France:

2 Likes

I suppose there’s always the option of removing the ‘ucky’ from the original and starting a Kent Fried Chicken franchise (all it needs is a few well aimed rocks thrown at the sign)

It has snagged something weird in the quotes and looked odd, the point a was going to make is Labour had their dirty hands in outsourcing too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.