Britain's "kindest plumber" faked heartwarming stories

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/16/britains-kindest-plumber-faked-heartwarming-stories.html

4 Likes

“this hobbit gonna fuck you up” :skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

Reminds me of that scandal when Italy’s most heroic plumber was exposed as an animal abuser.

4 Likes

fuck-you-hobbit

4 Likes

cwaa

7 Likes

I remember some picture of a plumber’s bill that pops up regularly on r/MadeMeSmile and equivalent that has something along the lines of “lady is old an in hospice care, don’t bill her ever”. Is it from the same guy?

1 Like

A true turd herder.

1 Like

The US had a guy who pretended to build buildings, but he was largely involved in the scurrilous financial wrangling, and making sure his name was on the structure. Also a lot of fiction about his generosity. Last I heard he was facing some criminal charges.

4 Likes

does anyone remember the humans of new york guy?

allegedly he made shit up too

1 Like

Digging wells/building schools in Africa is one I stay clear of.

There’s always a catch - some tech company looking to create a commercial water purification system… umm… it’s going to Africa… so help pay for the development it… yeah.

We’re raising money for schools… want to build many… the curriculum is going to be based on the Purity teachings of Reverend Sister Pursedllips Disapprover.

Always a hidden motive for some people.

2 Likes

Gross. Sounds like the kind of guy who’d make pervo comments about his own daughter.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.