Britain's most disgusting hot tub cleaned

Originally published at: Britain's most disgusting hot tub cleaned | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It looks like hot tub filters can be replaced for less than $20 each. Seems kinda silly to reinstall the old ones after a cleaning.

4 Likes

This is probably the worst hot tub I’ve had to work on

Yeah, go tell this to Chihiro.

13 Likes

I would like to caution everyone not to click on the link to the Craigslist ad that Rob posted, but by the time you read this, it’s probably too late for you.
@beschizza: a little warning next time, please!

9 Likes

The term “human soup” comes to mind.

3 Likes

This is grody, but I do not for one second imagine it is anywhere close to the dirtiest hot tub out there.

3 Likes

I am happy to report that I decided to read the comments before anything else and thus you have saved me! Thanks.

3 Likes

That is a well trained and equipped pool guy. Gotta be popular with the ladies.

Okay, now do the worst toilet in Scotland

2 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

“Hot tubs are a chemistry experiment that will turn into a biology experiment if you’re not careful.”

6 Likes

2 Likes

Why did he suck up the slug!? More violence against the homeless.

5 Likes

giphy (11)

3 Likes

Oh god the craigslist ad

ETA: whyyyyy

2 Likes

I would have cleaned that with dynamite and flame throwers…

I am unhappy to report that I read the comments and nevertheless decided to still read the craigslist ad, because of the curiosity that it inspired. Had they told me of its contents, I would not, now, be treating a condition that has caused my eyeballs to bleed profusely. Do not, for the love of God, read that craigslist ad.

4 Likes

Yeah, its a 10+ year old filter in tub that has been left to decay for 10 years. Throw them out. There’s so much filth in the system, you need a pristine filter to start from scratch with. He should keep spare filters on hand for that purpose as part of the service.

I’m surprised the thing works: eg, no leaks at the nozzle joints, no malfunctions/short-outs in the [custom, expensive-to-replace] electronics. I’ve a friend whose hot tub incurs an unending series of service calls. Its Britain so he probably doesnt have any severe freeze/thaw cycles over the seasons, which is what destroys everything.

1 Like

The ad claims “Simple and wonderful.”, and isn’t Boing Boing a “directory of mostly wonderful things”?

I made it a bit more than halfway thru the first paragraph & thought ‘Welp, this is going downhill in a hurry’ & closed the tab.