This wood-fired hot tub is $20,000

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/03/this-wood-fired-hot-tub-is-20.html

3 Likes

I have $1.00, anyone lend me the other $19,999.00?

9 Likes

You’ll really appreciate the hot tub for your sore muscles after you spend all day chopping and splitting wood to run it.

10 Likes

Huh, I thought Kirami would be a Japanese company, but I’m a fool! Of course these are made in Finland! Dunno about this model, but the Woody Tiny caught my eye.

2 Likes

Works great until you have to run around naked looking for firewood.

8 Likes

You call it a wood-fired hot tub, I call it a plein air industrial-sized soup pot.

14 Likes

Pfft - if I had the money to spend on this hot tub, I’d pay a woodsman to keep everything running. :deciduous_tree: :axe:

4 Likes

Cheaper options are available:

6 Likes

Whoa, my plan to make a lot of money, buy this hot tub, and hire a woodsman has taken a turn. I’m gonna need employment contracts, an HR department, anti-harassment training… :thinking:

5 Likes

I have a nice big stick, be right over.

2 Likes

(I politely decline your dinner invitation.)

3 Likes

Can be made for much less. Watch how easy it is.

10 Likes

I like the Dutch version…

Pro Tip: Wear goggles. Smoke will get in your eyes.

1 Like

It’s nice - but where will I put my bed?

I’m fairly certain you could use the design below to make a larger version if you use extra coils and finish the entire project for ~$500.

http://www.homemade-modern.com/ep112-diy-wood-fired-hot-tub/

1 Like

Legal department: Let me get this straight. Are you looking to hire a woodsman to tend the fire while you soak naked in the hot tub, or are you looking to hire a naked woodsman to tend the fire while you watch from the hot tub?

4 Likes

Would the Why Not Both gif be considered incriminating? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

“Hello, I’d like to place a classified ad in your local paper. Does ‘Nude hot tub enthusiast looking for lumber’ go under ‘Help Wanted’ or ‘Personals?’”

3 Likes

Wow, a “Steptoe and Son” reference! Don’t see those too often. . . .

2 Likes

First of all,

[your choice of can’t it be both gif]

Secondly, rule 34.

I feel like there might be a problem were you have to keep hiring more woodsmen.

2 Likes