British Drivers Swearing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/27/british-drivers-swearing.html

3 Likes

Ugh. So many motorists in cars want to “share” the lane with motorbikes. I think the joy and relaxation of riding was, for me, completely offset by the number of “fucking wankers” and “absolute knob-ends” who wanted to drive alongside me in the same lane. Not to mention all the “SMIDSYs.”

4 Likes

Three minutes in, still not quite as many “see-you-next-Tuesdays” as I was expecting (based on a former Brit co-worker who seemed to punctuate his sentences with the c-word.).

Is everyone in the UK who drives a blue hatchback an idiot or something? It looks like the same car over and over.

7 Likes

I very well may incorporate “F-ing indicate, you idiot!” into my own repertoire.

9 Likes

It’s a testament to modern engineering that despite driving like that, road deaths in the UK are still as low as they are.

3 Likes

I liked that one, too. Also, the 1st lady on the reel, I think.
I found this strangely cathartic, what with all the sheltering in place I’ve been doing.

ETA: it oddly kept capitalizing the phrase First Lady. Who knew.

2 Likes

Not a cockwomble in the lot.

7 Likes

I’ve watched my fair share of dash cam videos and recently watched an Australian one. They’re not as creative as the Brits but NO ONE cusses like Aussies. It was actually amazing.

5 Likes

I’m shitting Peugeot right now.

7 Likes

Ideal for use in the office environment.

2 Likes

Lots of examples of why you should always check your blind zones :scream:
But needs more Scottish.

5 Likes

Maybe if they drove on the correct side of the road, there wouldn’t be so may close calls.

6 Likes

Someone needs a time out…

5 Likes

I’m bloody wanking.

(on second thought…eww…)

2 Likes

I lolz’d.
Pretty low bar is some cases though.

Clips from all over uk, different regional accents, locations, the cyclist jumping the lights is common in london and hence they get scooped up sometimes…

1 Like

Maybe if they drove on the correct side of the road, there wouldn’t be so may close calls.

Came here to say this. Upon further reflection, though, I am somewhat relieved that I didn’t have to be the cockwomble.

1 Like

It possibly could be worse, as far as serious road rage retaliation; the UK could have as many guns per capita as the US.

For native speakers of English, British swearing of any flavor is one of the better youtube spectator sports. Particularly in the Colonies.

2 Likes

Bellends come in all shapes. My London bugbears include Priuses and any other vehicle beloved of minicab drivers.

3 Likes