British nurse found guilty of murdering 7 babies while trying to kill 6 others

Originally published at: British nurse found guilty of murdering 7 babies while trying to kill 6 others | Boing Boing

The daily reporting on this case has been heartbreaking.

3 Likes

Ah, yet another Wonderful Thing.

:sob:

8 Likes

Heartbreaking. Can this be moved from the front page over to the Fuck Today thread?

6 Likes

SSDD, sadly.

2 Likes

:flushed:

3 Likes

Came here to say exactly that. Do I sense the start of a campaign?

2 Likes

Things like this hurt me deeply. The very idea that someone entrusted with the care and life of these tiny humans would do things like this clashes with my intrinsic sense of what we are. The fact is that any sufficiently large group will contain someone capable of this, but that is not really reassuring. I hate this a lot.

Sport Crying GIF

11 Likes

There are a few others I can think of, but I won’t say their names. Damnatio memoriae is what these people deserve.

Wikipedia links to similar articles, if you really must know.

5 Likes

Pig Hug GIF

13 Likes

Haha no thanks-- sometimes just knowing something “is a thing” is enough!

2 Likes

I can’t imagine the feelings I would have if I were forced to write an apology to her for accurately accusing her.

3 Likes

When you are in a position of trust with vulnerable people, statistics alone should be enough to get you removed. From the community’s perspective, err on the side of caution. Doesn’t matter if you are incompetent, evil or just plain unlucky.

2 Likes

Was there a pattern to this insanity, All male victims, Infants of color? Any clue to this perversion that might help spot any other such twisted wretch. For someone like docosc who dedicates life to getting these tiny lives a good loving start, I offer the greatest of sympathy for such a vile affront to all that you stand for.
For the families I can’t imagine your pain, I can only hope there comes a cushion for your souls.

3 Likes

The BBC report is of an impressively damning handling of the situation by management at pretty much every stage.

5 Likes

Mildly annoyed. In comparison to those whose babies were murdered.

1 Like

Mildly annoyed and frustrated at writing the apology. Blindingly furious that i was ignored and it was allowed to continue. I was in this situation once, decades ago, not with a nurse but a Munchausen by Proxy case. Obviously, it leaves a mark, and partially explains my mistrust of bureaucracy.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s not so bad as having your baby killed. Obviously. But considering that it also meant more babies die, I’d be way more than “mildly annoyed”. There’s a killer on the loose, you know about it and report it, and the administration goes after YOU? I’d be furious.

There the chief Delivery Doctor systematically accounts for the problems, and very quietly suggests the topic to management, and they decide to outqueue life and death both, nee’ “I’ve discovered the murderer.” “Okay, an investigation finds a murderer, I’ll schedule it.” [Never schedules it.]

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.