Funeral home manager "knew something wasn't right" after receiving decapitated baby from hospital

Originally published at: Funeral home manager "knew something wasn't right" after receiving decapitated baby from hospital | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Holy fucking shit. That last link to the Fox 5 Atlanta story has some horrific information.

There need to be some fucking consequences here.

15 Likes

Wha- wha- what the fuck is actually happening???

Jesus fucking Christ!!!

12 Likes

In a nutshell: the doctor removed the baby’s head during delivery. There are reasons this might have been necessary, but the hospital tried to cover it up.

egad, that may win some contest for ‘nutshell’ content (just move along there Hamlet. “O God, I could be bounded in a nut shell and count myself a king of infinite space.”)

6 Likes

There are other articles on this occurrence with more details, but holy shit, the whole thing needs a big honking TW on it. To be brief, there is no excuse for this kind of shit ever.

15 Likes
5 Likes

Jesus fuck; why didn’t they go for an emergency c-section?

5 Likes

This is just so horrible, I can’t even…

1 Like

They did… After the doc pulled the baby’s head off! The delivered the body by C/S, the head vaginally
This kind of shit makes me ashamed of my profession.

12 Likes

Once again; Jesus fuck. They are supposed to try a c-section before they kill the baby.

8 Likes

WTAF?!?

I’m not clicking on any of this shit; it will only negatively affect me.

6 Likes

Keegan Michael Key Stop GIF by Playing With Fire

6 Likes

That’s why I blurred here (and int he discussion last week in another thread) Even as a medico, this is beyond the pale. I just cannot imagine agreeing to be part of a disaster like this. Cannot imagine how it occured, cannot imagine how they decided, with apparent nursing staff, anesthesia and maybe peds participation, to try to cover it up. WTAF does not even begin to cover it. The number of people who thought this was OK leaves me speechless. None of them should practice medicine again.

13 Likes

I can already predict the demographics of both the victims and the hospital staff, and that’s as far as I am willing to think about this fuckery.

17 Likes

You would be correct. And, yeah, it’s that bad.

9 Likes

I was hoping that we had a misunderstanding between internal decapitation (which, still horrible and unacceptable, but I could see happening) and what we commonly think of, but nope. How the fuck do you even begin to think pulling that hard is a good idea?

1 Like

How does one blur sections of a comment? I’m looking at the options at the top of the comment field and I don’t see an option there.

3 Likes

When you hit reply, if you look all the way to the right, you’ll see a little sprocket - click on that, and it gives you an option to blur.

9 Likes

The doctor in question appears to be a WOC, as do the rest of the practitioners at the OB/GYN practice named in the suit. Can’t say about the nurses and other staff though.

1 Like

The word spoiler in between these brackets: [ ] with a back slash to close the command:

[spoiler] whatever text you want to hide [/spoiler]

5 Likes