British parliament rejects Prime Minister May's Brexit plan for third time

Yet again this is the warring tory psychodrama between different factions with the entire country caught in the middle, if this whole process hasn’t convinced everyone she’s a raging authoritarian through and through then nothing will. The way tory MPs talked about her “duty to the country” and “falling on her sword” after that cabinet meeting made me fucking wretch, we’re in this mess because of her and her appeasement of the extremists in the tory party and she couldn’t even fall on her sword without making a pig’s ear of that as well.

Then you had the shambles of wednesday when finally finally we’d get to find out what MPs do support and they end up voting down everything? Everything! So now they’re talking about more indicative votes based on those which lost by the least margin… at the moment it feels like the country is so weary that they think we’ll accept anything to stop this train sliding into the abyss.

ETA: I had to share this since it reminded me of the thread on bbc political bias but in this case the victorian extremist aka jacob rees-mogg did get quite the grilling on newsnight last night (starts about 5 minutes in)…

10 Likes