UK Parliament votes not to leave EU without a deal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/13/uk-parliament-votes-not-to-lea.html

7 Likes

My money is on a “Brevermind” vote carrying the day before the end of April.

34 Likes

@beschizza as a self appointed eye mouth connoisseur.

This post is…

delicious.

27 Likes

Presumably the “no no-deal” resolution only holds if the EU doesn’t say “Frankly, we’re tired of your shit. You wanted out, you’re out. Bye, Felicia.” (and allegedly some of the principal actors in Leave have been visiting their friends on the continent trying to secure exactly that outcome).

Every day this farce staggers on, it adds a new dimension to our understanding of the word ‘clusterfuck’.

34 Likes

A Brulligan?

28 Likes

I wish there was an easy way to filter out images with the eyes replaced by mouths. One could probably train a system to detect those using machine learning, but that gets beyond the level of “easy”…

3 Likes

I wish there was a way to have twice as much Brexit.

It’s hard making do with only having daily Brexit while I wait for the Ken Burns documentary to relive it all in real time.

10 Likes

This Brexit stuff is exhausting and infuriating, i’m sure happy mutants from the UK feel this x100 but i’ll be glad to see this resolved.

11 Likes

Would you prefer images of eyes replaced with fingers instead? :smiley:

13 Likes

The eye/mouth shtick has gotten really old and a bit annoying. It’s a step up from drawing boobs or dongs on everyone. About as useful, but maybe less entertaining than drawing horns or a missing tooth

on

every

single

picture.

We get it. You don’t like this person.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Ooooh, I like yours better!

1 Like

This is how you get boobs or dongs drawn on everyone.

14 Likes

21 Likes

The peasants voted wrong; we need to redeploy this tool of democracy to get the properly enlightened result.

2 Likes

So, what are the chances that the EU will simply be sick of all this asshattery and not accept the UK delay? Just say “Welp, we’re done with this. Seeya.”

4 Likes

MPs have voted by 312 to 308 to reject leaving the EU without a withdrawal agreement. It is not a legally-binding decision - and it does not rule out the UK leaving the EU. But it means MPs could now get a vote on delaying Brexit. That vote would take place on Thursday, and if it is passed - and the EU agrees to it - the UK will not leave the EU as planned on 29 March.

Are these MPs who wanted to leave without a withdrawal agreement just some of those people who want to watch the world burn, or something? It sounds like the old story of the guy who expects God to save him from a flood, so he turns away the two boats and a helicopter.

Also, is there a serious possibility that they’ve rejected leaving the EU without a withdrawal agreement, but could still vote on not delaying Brexit, despite having rejected two plans already? Neat.

13 Likes

People voted for something that was not possible based on lies and faulty arguments.

Now they should be given the chance to reconsider once new facts have become available - you know, like adults do when they are faced with new information.

If a small majority of a subset of eligible voters in the UK had voted to turn the North Sea purple on March 29 with no idea how to do it, how much it would cost, or what the effects of it would be would you hold on to that god-given mandate as strongly?

People voted for a fantasy and they’ve now been shown that fantasy is not possible. Move on.

36 Likes

You say it like it might be a bad thing. At this point, I’d welcome the change.

2 Likes

Will he hire Peter Coyote and make him use an English accent?
Or will he hire Peter Capaldi and have to constantly tell him to not use the F word?

1 Like