Broadbeam LED headlamp

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/10/broadbeam-led-headlamp.html

2 Likes

Oh wow, that looks amazing for working on the car, crawling under the house, or any of the other places my headband mounted flashlight might get used but without that clunky bit of battery, lamp, and lens like the one I have

4 Likes

Needs RGB and party mode effects. :star_struck:

8 Likes

The issue I frequently have with headlamps on other people is that they tend to rake my eyeballs with their beams. I doubt this headband improves the situation.

4 Likes

Fakespot is giving the company a solid “F” grade, and that product a “D”.
“37.7% of the reviews are reliable.”

https://www.fakespot.com/product/ovled-802100-broadbeam-210-300-lumen-led-next-generation-headlamp-durable-elastic-headband-best-wide-area-illumination

7 Likes

Please don’t wear these (kind of) lights when bicycling. You’ll be blinding all oncoming traffic.

3 Likes

@frauenfelder, have you tried this out yourself, or just ordered one?

5 Likes

Did somebody say RBG Party Mode?

Oh … RGB … carry on.

15 Likes

Just what you need for your 2001 David Bowman costume, even the party mode would make a nice lighttrip sequance.

1 Like

" in other news today, Jesus was spotted on Monroe street last night riding a bicycle east towards town,"

1 Like

That is seriously bad. I bought some earphones from Amazon which had a C fakespot rating in spite of the 1000+ reviews for a commodity product (I don’t know when Fakespot did the analysis). Amazon recently deleted every review and prohibited new reviews because of suspicious behavior.

2 Likes

I’m happy to report that this time the cost for Canadians is only double the deal US shoppers get.

1 Like

I guess Canadians get Amazon Penultimate instead of Prime… :-/

2 Likes

Well played, you win the internet today.

1 Like

I tip my head torch to you sir. :grinning:

1 Like

Wi-Fi or no sale.

4 Likes

So i wasn’t the only one whose mind went to

Thank goodness.

2 Likes

Mostly I want my headlamp manufacturer to monitor my location so that they can then sell it to our new lizard overlords for some portion of my eternal soul.

.image

3 Likes

Maybe useful for defeating facial recognition?

1 Like

He jelly!

2 Likes