Budweiser renames its beer "America"

So is “Bud mud” called “America mud” now?

2 Likes

The town of Budweis = České Budějovice in Czechia (Czech Republic) is Czech not German.

It is a much tastier beer than the American version. Frankly I think they had no right to the name, but they had the money and the lawyers, now the Czech beer is named Budvar to get around the trademark.

But recently EU trade rules forbid selling products named for a region from somewhere else, such as Champagne
etc. Even Scotch can only be called Scotch if it is distilled in Scotland (except Suntory Scotch got around it by importing everything including the water).

I was in Cz. R last summer and didn’t think about asking about the name dispute, but I certainly didn’t see any US Budweiser beer available there, no one would drink it anyway. Even the non-alcoholic beers are pretty good - and normally I wouldn’t bother they do have a zero drinking driving policy.

6 Likes

In other news, I’m renaming my urine “Budweiser”.

18 Likes

OH shit, I knew that, now that you mention it. And being half Czech, I hang my head in shame.

3 Likes

Next time, Czech before labelling something as German.

28 Likes

Well, I hate America for making such bilgewater so “popular.”

Common joke heard while working in Europe:

Q: Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?
A: They’re both fucking near water.

That’s the rep American beer is trying to live down. I always knew which brand name was on everyone’s mind every time I heard it.

12 Likes
5 Likes

Really? Budweiser has already been turning America to piss since 1776

2 Likes

It’s going to be difficult to make America great again.

12 Likes

Now I know how to answer if I’m asked “why do you hate America?”

5 Likes

2 Likes

Nah, it will just come in a gold-colored can and I’m telling you Trump America Beer will be the best beer, the best! When we start exporting Trump America Beer, Mexico will gladly build that wall. I don’t know why, but Mexican President Vicente Fox told me it would be good for both of us.

7 Likes

Of course they did. And if shitty beer in a gilded can isn’t America, I don’t know what is.

5 Likes

6 Likes

What a load of piss!

4 Likes

VA few thoughts:
Not an American owned company anymore.
I think next they should put each of the states name on the cans, collect them all!
Make a can shelf in the shape of the US flag to display.
One in 51 cans contains 4th of July fireworks.
Make Bud great again.
Yeah, I can do this all day.

5 Likes

1 Like

I guess calling it “'Murrica” might have just been too confusing for some demographics.

2 Likes

Petition to rename the United States of America to Boaty McBoatface.

28 Likes

buy American. drink America.

2 Likes