Bulgarian guitarist covers Aerosmith's "Dream On."

Um… nope.
Method serves content.
That’s not as in; "Sir, would you like some more content?"
But instead; “And what can I do for YOU, Mr. Content?”

I get the feeling you didn’t even finish the video. But I guess we’ll just disagree, not on what counts as challenging, but what we like.

But can you separate method from content?
This is a silly video, but I’m just trying to make a point here.

Each vibrato “type” sounds different because its performed with a different technique

This is what I mean when I talk about technique.
A self taught singer, guitarist or painter aren’t lacking for technique, through practice and repetition they learn a way of doing things which, if they’re any good, they can repeatably produce. They either stumble into or develop their own techniques.

When talking about “proper” technique, we’re usually only talking about accepted best practices for doing things. Nobody is “limited” by their technique.
People are only ever attempting to express a feeling, an opinion, a point of view or to communicate an idea. If you’re attempting to convey a feeling through art, you will apply a set of techniques in your medium of choice.
The aesthetic value of the finished “product” will always be subjective, but in the end, its effect on people will determine if the artist succeeded or failed in what they set out to do.

Can technique be a self imposed barrier for people who have nothing to say? Irrelevant. You always execute through technique.

If you have something to say, you find a way to convey your meaning. Yes, only a few of these successful (successful in the sense that they succeed in making art) artists gain notoriety but that’s a whole 'nother topic.

1 Like

Right, existence before essence.

Jesus, I have no idea what happened to this thread. Peace out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.