Burning Man for rich spectators

[Read the post]

3 Likes

The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers CEOs.
Shakespeare almost got it right.

7 Likes

Is this Eric Schmidt or Donald Trump?

[quote=“TobinL, post:2, topic:77531”]
Shakespeare almost got it right.
[/quote]

In his defense, in Shakespeare’s time they hadn’t really evolved yet.

9 Likes

Ugh.

How utterly pretentious and pointless.

Whoever thought that this was a “genius” idea needs to go find an empty theater and have every single seat in the place.

2 Likes

Take off, nuke the site from orbit. They are all in one spot so it’s easy.

11 Likes

Burning Future.

3 Likes

They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners. They tend to be winners.

They tend. To be winners.

10 Likes

Those words have no meaning now…

6 Likes

It doesn’t even sound FUN. At least the Bohemian Club has rules against networking / deal making at their gatherings.

8 Likes

As a note, did anyone else notice that the link from the article to the comments doesn’t work? Sends me back to the article.

More on topic though, this seems like a win-win. Get those people away from Burning Man and off onto their own thing, unless I’m missing something.

Never been to Burning Man (I am far too pale and too boring) but it seems like letting people like that split off from the herd is a net benefit.

7 Likes

All I keep seeing is “they tend to be whiners”…

5 Likes

The broken comment link thing seems to happen somewhat randomly, I notice it maybe once every couple of weeks.

3 Likes

Hey, @miasm. Recognize this crowd?

I think the parking lot scene just rewrote itself.

3 Likes

Transcendence at Further Future/Burning Man?

#OK!

That’s awesome.

3 Likes

“This is the cream of the Burning Man crop,” Schmidt said. “I know, because I’m here.”

3 Likes

Now that BLM has decreed that Burning Man is at “capacity,” the more of these kinds of events, the better.

That said, those pictures make this event look… boring.

1. Every one is just standing around, looking at the stage. No energy, Not even interacting amongst themselves
  2. The costumes are very clean
  3. Nothing is happening in the background.
  4. absolutely no “WTF?” on display

This ain’t Burning Man for Rich People. We already have a Burning Man for Rich People. It’s called “Burning Man.”

This event is just Rich People Standing Around.

Two key values are sacrificed from the get-go:

1. Radical Inclusion, and
  2. Leave No Trace.

Look in the backgrounds of the pictures: the organizers took a desert meadow and graded it. Three months after the event, you’ll be won’t be able to miss that they had been there.

Still, I think this event is great: that’s 5,000 tickets not be being taken by “tourists” – people who want to “See” but are clueless or uninterested about “Do.”

Also, I hope the Native Americans make a ton of money on this event.

As I said, the more of these, the better.

1 Like

Mostly everyone loves some one’s repeating. Mostly everyone, then, comes
to know then the being of some one by loving the repeating in them, the
repeating coming out of them. There are some who love everybody’s
repeating, this is now a description of such loving in one.

1 Like

And so it begins… That’s how Bohemian Grove went from an alternative event to a sausage-fest of NWO networking.

Rename the event to Exploding Man.

3 Likes

Burning Assholes?

1 Like