Bus driver rescues a barefoot toddler running alone on a freeway overpass

I hope that kid paid the bus fare.

2 Likes

its people like her what keeps me from committing suicide :hugs:

I know what she was thinking - “Hey - free kid!”

Seriously though, nice for a happy ending for once.

All I see is a bunch of Americans, actually making America great.

10 Likes

5 Likes

My oldest brother was goddamned Houdini from an early age, and there are many, many family stories about him taking off and being found in various places.

Honestly when I hear these stories he’s who I think of, along with my poor parents. :no_mouth: Thank goodness for the bus driver and the passenger too.

3 Likes

Finally, a “Wonderful thing”!.

Not that BB cares, but these articles really do help navigate the shitstorm of horror that are the remainder of tRump, telecom megacorp shenanigan, and police abuse posts…

2 Likes

Just want to be clear – The article says the mother had a mental health crisis, so it’s not about her parenting skills.

2 Likes

I’ve learned to not expect such compassion or grace from Americans.

2 Likes

And I can just imagine the tweet from Agent Orange: “but immigrants…”

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to add, wonderful job by all involved, that’s 100,000 kharma points in the bag for each individual.

1 Like

My standing instruction for my kids if they ever get lost or are in danger is to find a mom and ask for help.

Sweet Eternally Bleeding Jeebus! You are suggesting that your kids approach an strange adult in a public place? Are you MAD???

:wink:

1 Like

I figure statistically that approaching an adult woman, especially one with kids, eliminates about 95% of the nefarious things that could happen to them. And I think to your broader point, I haven’t raised them to be terrified of life and other people, just skeptical.

2 Likes

LOL, I misread this as what you do when YOU find a missing child: Take it to a mother and let her deal with it!

Okay. I’m fine now. Laughing has subsided for now. Good advice though. Your kids will survive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.