Butt rock

Y’all never heard of “butt rock” before? It’s a term used to describe glam hair metal bands from the 80’s. Since you all seem so interested: A friend dubbed me thus when we were coming up with names for Guitar Hero, and it stuck. It’s also my karaoke stage name. “Yacht rock” on the other hand, is a real noodle scratcher…

1 Like

:thinking:

The Muppets No GIF by ABC Network

3 Likes

There are multiple definitions of the term. It’s been around for some time. I really didn’t expect to spend a Sunday afternoon discussing the semantics of butt rock as a genre, but here we are…

2 Likes

:thinking:

Seems to be… I’d never heard it before… Can’t say I’m a fan of the music described by either definition, tho…

4 Likes

“This tag is very subjective and really does not describe a band’s sound though you can infer in it’s 2nd use case it’s describing rock bands that focus on melodramatic vocal hooks or certain vocal enunciation on top of catchy and punchy guitar riffs.”

This sounds about right. It isn’t my favorite, either, I just think it’s a funny term, and it gets a reaction from folks.

2 Likes

Listen to buttrock?

Circle Of Life Nbc GIF by Good Girls

3 Likes

Bravo!

1 Like

game-of-thrones-arya-bow

We aim to please at the mindysan memeification history emporium.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.