Buttigieg: Trump is old and strange

It is not simply where they are from, but it does have an impact. Just like race and demographics do. Ignoring this math is how you lose elections. Ideas and messaging are all parts as well. Waltz will deliver his state though. So that math is also important. He is not simply governor, but a well liked one who has good policy wins. Buttigieg interviews well due to heavy media coaching and practice. My entire point was/is that he is not a good choice.

Whoa, slow down there. I’m neither pro- or con- Buttigieg, but your “gotchas” from above aren’t very compelling. He worked for McKinsey (a terrible company) for three years in his 20s. Not exactly a reign of terror. He demoted then removed a police chief in charge of a department caught illegally wiretapping innocent people. Sure, it was going on before Boykins was in office, but he didn’t stop it and Buttigieg couldn’t go back in time and fire the previous chiefs; only the current chief. And subsequently Buttigieg said he regretted how he handled the matter.

Sure, in the same sense that a UPS driver could walk in my garage and try to get me to sign for delivery of the cordless impact wrench I’ve owned for two years…

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.