Kari Lake: Trump's "cognitive abilities are unlike anything I've ever seen . . . he's incredible"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/24/kari-lake-trumps-cognitive-abilities-are-unlike-anything-ive-ever-seen-hes-incredible.html

2 Likes

His cognitive ability…

Animated GIF

16 Likes

I completely agree with Kari Lake when she says, “His cognitive abilities are unlike anything I’ve ever seen.” (I.e. very bad, getting worse, never seen before in a frontrunning presidential candidate.)

I also agree with her when she says, “[H]e’s incredible.” (I.e. literally not to be believed.)

30 Likes

He’s just not into you, Kari. You can remove your lips from his buttocks.

Unrequited Love GIF by NETFLIX

22 Likes

“…there’s a lot going on up here [points to her head] with President Trump.”

Yes, that’s true, Kari, there’s a lot going on in there. More than is actually happening, in fact, much more.

9 Likes

…she said, after checking her account balance for the third time that day.

4 Likes

Great sequence of dialogue here from The Americans, last episode of Season 1 about plans for the Star Wars missile defense system:

The Colonel: In fact, it’s out of appreciation and gratitude that I’d like to keep our meeting short today-- safer, basically.

Phillip: Let me just say, our technical people said what you sent us was incredible.

The Colonel: It is incredible-- from the Latin “incredibilis,” “in” meaning “not,” “credible” meaning-- well…

Phillip: Your message said you had something vital for us, something from the president’s anti-ballistic-missile program.

The Colonel: I’m giving it to you now, but you’re not hearing me.

19 Likes

I mean, just… he’s old. There’s no other way to put it. It’s objectively true. Average life span for a white, male American is what… 77?

He’s 77.

Case closed. The man is old. And its clear he’s got all the vibe of our crazy old uncles shaking their fist at clouds while spewing racist nonsense at Thanksgiving and talking about how power lines give you cancer.

And millions want him as president. Yikes.

30 Likes

HIs current age-related decline aside, Trump has never struck me as stupid. Rather, he has that particular sort of dilettantism that is a trailing indicator of his raging narcissism. He doesn’t need to learn or be told anything because he already knows it all.

13 Likes

What a load of…
hippopotamus-hippo

12 Likes

Are we talking about Trump or Elon Musk?

6 Likes

“there’s a lot going on up here [points to head]”

Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

24 Likes

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

(Well, up to the “good” part, anyway…)

11 Likes

Hmm, well they probably are unlike anything most people have seen, but perhaps not in a good way. And indeed there may be a lot going on, but it may not be useful, productive or rational

2 Likes

Protip: read the thread before commenting.

4 Likes

My takeaway is she found her head.

4 Likes

“Person, woman, man, camera, TV, bull, shit.”

9 Likes

I think it’s much worse. If anyone wants to help, you’re going to have to reach in to grab a foot. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The Republicans’ continued refusal to admit that Trump is demented, profoundly ignorant and stupid, flabby, corrupt or even old makes them look like little kids sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling “LALALALALA” every time. The profound loss of dignity they’re willing to subject themselves to in defense of this incompetent clown is seemingly limitless, yet the single most shameful thing about him, that he’s a fascist piece of shit- that they embrace fully and without reservation.

8 Likes