Trump's description of cognitive test he 'aced' is extremely weird

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/trumps-description-of-cognit.html

“If you get it in order, you get extra points.”

8 Likes

They would love to see Joe Biden instead of Trump…

They are not alone in that.

12 Likes

Well, in fairness, it is the first test that he has ever passed on his own.

45 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

I almost wonder what he would say, if asked to recite the alphabet, or count in order from 1 to 100.

Edit: I find it actually extremely telling, that Trump would make a point at how difficult a task this was. To follow a simple instruction. This is imbued with obvious symbolism. The only authority he gives ANY credence to is his own – well, really those voices from the dark abyss he’s hearing, and thinks are his own thoughts…

But seriously, I think this says everything about the man, and why he’s the least-qualified person possible to be President, or in charge of anything other than a reality TV show, at most.

16 Likes

20 Likes

Perseveration is a classic dementia symptom.

14 Likes

Anyone wanna bet that, looking from Turmp’s perspective during this interview, in his line of sight, from left to right was 1. The interviewer (person); 2. Kayleigh McEnany (woman), 3. the producer (man - don’t look at me like that - it’s Fox News, OK?); 4. The camera, 5. The monitor (TV).

Anyone? Nobody?

41 Likes

I’m quite surprised he could list these in order 3 timed in a row. So yeah - it was likely who/what was directly in front of him.

11 Likes

Probably ordered the Secret Service to shoot if anyone from the tv crew or his staff moved.

6 Likes

Also telling: his example list (person, man, woman, camera, tv) consisted solely of things he could SEE.

Nothing abstract, nothing from recall.

23 Likes

shouldn’t we be focusing on the madman is singlehandledly gagging the entire CDC and NIH and forcing all K-12 and universities to reopen months before they should, guaranteeing not only a second wave but thousands of teachers and bus drivers, etc. to suffer and die?

yes he’s crazy - but the real insanity is everyone who empowers him to destroy the country

16 Likes

33 Likes
9 Likes

Remember, someone may receive a cognitive test not because things are right, but because something isn’t right…

23 Likes

Oh, something is definitely not right. Several things, in fact…

20 Likes

Not to brag, but not only can I remember all the digits of my phone number, but I remember them all in order too. Not many people can do that.

29 Likes

Wanna take the test yourself? Do you have a very fine brain?

Here it is. https://www.parkinsons.va.gov/resources/MOCA-Test-English.pdf

Its out of 30. 26-30 is normal, folks with mild cognitive impairment average 22, folks with Alzheimers average about 16.

Trump says he “aced” it-- its SUPPOSED to be super easy, it only screens for very serious problems-- the most interesting thing about it is that some doc somewhere thought it was an appropriate test to administer to him.

28 Likes

Pence working a 25th amendment angle? We might get marginally competent swamp monsters back in charge.

Being so completely full of bullshit your entire life seems to really fuck up your brain.
3 Likes

Kinda like the ending of Usual Suspects? Only with an idiot.

14 Likes