Harris: "Trump is old and quite weird"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/25/harris-trump-is-old-and-quite-weird.html

18 Likes

And not “weird” in a happy mutant kind of way…

52 Likes

Right?

He’s a creep.
A weirdo!
What the hell is he doing here?
He doesn’t belong here. :angry:

48 Likes

The Republicans spent most of the 2024 election cycle trying to convince the voting public that we couldn’t entrust the Presidency to a doddering old man. Now they are heading into the general election with the oldest, dodderingest candidate ever. Maybe not the best messaging strategy on their part.

45 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

29 Likes

When they go low, we go high. Well, usually. We’ve decided to go low now too, sometimes. I mean, Jeebus Creepus, have you seen this fucking guy?!

34 Likes

It would be hard to go as low as he’s at.

23 Likes

I don’t know about “Creep”; I think that Trump is sliding deep into “Locomotive Breath” territory.

18 Likes

I think they were aiming at center mass…

Too soon?

15 Likes

I think the Harris campaign should call a spade a spade.

For all the recent things like purposely mispronouncing her name, to being a DEI hire, to being inelegible, to being inexperienced or unfit etc etc- Harris should pre-emptively state:
“Are you being racist or are you simply ignorant? Let those around you decide”.
Make it known this vitriol is unacceptable and that promoting it - the individual doing so should be judged - not Harris.

17 Likes

Being truthful is never low.

Esp as regards fascist fucks.

ETA:
Also:
applause4

22 Likes

I was just going to write something like that, but much less eloquently. Glad you both beat me to it!

In the last (cripes, 8 years already!?) I’ve been continuously galled, not as much by MAGA’s brazen audacity but by the left’s complete inability to address it effectively. Like, at all.

This spade - it’s a goddamn spade, just look at it.

I am beyond overjoyed to see it finally start to happen. Or as a good friend of mine put it,

23 Likes

Maybe not. Food for thought:

19 Likes

You’d need a tunnel boring machine to go lower, and outrun the backhoe trump’s campaign is currently using.

11 Likes

Holy crap! This is honestly the first I’ve heard this saying has other meanings!!

Data Shame GIF by A1 Slovenija

16 Likes

Americans ruining language again :laughing:

17 Likes

A friend called me on it many years ago, so I didn’t know, either. Learning is lifelong, for sure!

15 Likes

I stopped using it a long time ago because of the idea it was racist—which seems to be wrong, it was sexist in origin, the spade being the spata or short sword. So still a problematic phrase, as it was code for “calling boys boys and girls girls”. Best left is the past.

That said, I absolutely love this entire campaign release. It grabs your attention at the top, builds it, enticing with good—no, I was going to attempt innuendo, but it’s too good and too important to risk belittling it. It’s just good.

15 Likes

Actually, the spatha (from the Greek σπάθη (spáthē), or “broad blade”) was the Roman long sword, used at first by cavalry. The short thrusting sword used by infantry, especially legionaries, was the gladius. Later on, in the late 2nd/early 3rd century AD or so, the infantry moved towards the spatha, too, which eventually morphed into the Frankish/Viking swords that in turn became the precursors of the medieval knightly sword.

The English word “spade” comes from the Old English spædu, which goes back via Germanic to a Proto-Indo-European root from which we also get σπάθη.

15 Likes

I mean, he’s not been coherent for quite some time. And of course, he’s always been a POS.

Trump at a rally in late 2019 -

Uh, dishwashers. You did the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it? Boom, there’d be like an explosion, five minutes later, you open it, the steam pours out, the dishes. Now you press it 12 times. Women tell me.

When I posted that to FB at the time, a friend of mine said:

I hope to never witness this madness again in my lifetime.

Given that the orange idiot is running for president again, unfortunately, she’s not getting her wish…

19 Likes