Here are the dirty tactics Trump's team says it will use to smear Harris

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/24/here-are-the-dirty-tactics-trumps-team-says-it-will-use-to-smear-harris.html

7 Likes

Whereas Trump is a Willie Horton.

14 Likes

Meanwhile, the Harris Team plans to engage the help of Battery Operated Sharks.

46 Likes

“Kamala Harris is a cop…but did you ever consider that she’s a nice cop?” Republicans never hammer the actual weaknesses of Democratic leaders, because they’re always the parts they like. :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

GenZ is motivated, excited and mobilizing. I don’t think the kind of ratfucking Republicans have engaged in historically is going to work this time. TFG’s campaign is already losing the meme game.

19 Likes

I have some hope that Gen Z, having grown up as natives of the digital landscape, will make the attempts at “Well, hello, fellow kids” from the fascists look stupid. I think this is the case, but we shall see. I am concerned that my youngest is already seeing shit that smell like it comes from St. Petersburg showing up in her discussion groups, but that was going to happen regardless, I guess.

25 Likes

If they could only stop ratfucking themselves.

21 Likes

It’s amazing how unprepared the GOP was. In the absence of appealing policies, ratf*cking is all they have. Yet somehow they can’t even get their act together in that.

18 Likes

Already got hit with a 30sec ad on YT last night against Kamala with lame attempts to spin her as evil. I am kind of biased in her favor for sure, but even then it was quite a flimsy attack with barely any substance.

12 Likes

None of these feel particularly effective. Even these “issues” with her history as a prosecutor aren’t major. Tying her to Biden, especially tying her to some of the most consequential legislation since FDR seems like it would only help?

If we hadn’t seen how they reacted (and got hit in midterms) to what happened by finally repealing RvW, I’d be surprised. But these dogs have no plan once they catch the car - and in this case it was “Biden old, should quit”.

Biden should end the speech tonight by putting on aviators and saying “I’m out, Jack!” and jump into a Vette.

20 Likes

24 Likes

Back the Blue by Voting Blue!

11 Likes

Obligatory.

11 Likes

Doesn’t everyone like the Inflation Reduction Act?

I keep seeing stories about Republicans taking credit for things the Inflation Reduction Act did. Followed by news about how they voted against the thing they’re taking credit for.

21 Likes

Someone I know doesn’t particularly like Kamela Harris, and has been sending me clips of her in interviews and speeches fumbling her words and making George W Bush-style nonsense statements. I suppose the Republicans might try that… though you pretty much have to already be a Trump cultist not to see the laughable hypocrisy in that tactic, so I doubt it would win anyone over. The aforementioned person is comparing Harris to Obama, not Trump. She knows what’s at stake and is voting for Harris, despite her criticism.

10 Likes

Well, they are both Black, so, you know…

6 Likes

She’s got a lot of nostalgia for Obama and admires his eloquence. He’s probably the favorite president of her lifetime. That said, I don’t remember her comparing Biden and Obama’s speaking skills, even after his bad debate.

7 Likes

But

12 Likes

Trump is still wasting effort ratfucking Obama and Clinton. He has a thin skin, a long memory for slights and an apparently limitless appetite for hearing his own bloviation. That makes it awfully hard to stay focused on the person actually running against him.

The amount of misogyny and racism that is going to be spewed her way will be remarkable.

11 Likes

They can’t run on a campaign of telling people what they’ll do in a second Trump presidency because they’re absolutely terrified of reaction to Project 2025 - so they’ll run on hate and fear.

On the upside - that strategy failed for the Conservative over here, so maybe America will follow suit.

16 Likes