Republicans can't find an angle with Harris, but she's got Trump's number

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/22/republicans-cant-find-an-angle-with-harris-but-shes-got-trumps-number.html

13 Likes
58 Likes

Video for BBS:

17 Likes

34 Likes
27 Likes

Fox is going after Biden right now.

DeSantis is on saying he knew Biden was declining whenever he spoke to him.

They want an investigation into the cover up of his decline.

That’s all they do is investigate and hold hearings that nothing ever comes from, except sound bites.

That’s their strategy, go after the guy that’s no longer running.

34 Likes

I can’t keep up with the right-wing nut jobs - are Venn diagrams ‘woke’ now?

24 Likes

I was wondering what they would replace it with.

6 Likes

They’re going to say she’s ineligible to be president because her parents weren’t citizens. They’re going to try and take a case all the way to the Supreme Court in October.

12 Likes

We’re listing republican stratagems against the foregone and super highly welcome nomination of Harris here? (seems sort’ve potentially nauseating… ah well):

Vox Jul 22, 2024, 11:10 AM PDT

Could Republicans sue to keep Biden on the ballot?

Speaker Mike Johnson’s threat to challenge Vice President Harris’s nomination in court should be frivolous. But who knows with this Supreme Court?

Just a few hours before President Joe Biden announced that he will not seek a second term in the White House, Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson threatened lawsuits to try to force Biden to appear as the Democratic candidate on at least some state ballots.

“Every state has its own system,” Johnson told ABC News, “and in some of these, it’s not possible to simply just switch out a candidate.”

In a system governed by the rule of law, Johnson’s threats are empty.

t’aint-no-lawyer, but this won’t fly even if six of the supremes lapse into speaking in tongues

12 Likes

When did Oakland, California leave the Union? :thinking:

13 Likes

And this is why I think Biden has to at least be prepared to counter SCOTUS with their own words in the immunity decision. They have already shown they are willing to overrule the plain text of the Constitution. If they do so in support of installing T**** as president if he loses the election, then Biden has to be able to step in and block that to prevent civil war. Because it’s much easier to prevent a dictator from taking power than removing a dictator already in power.

33 Likes

I don’t know of any state (excluding Florida and Texas, of course), where such a suit could go anywhere. He hasn’t even been nominated yet. There is no statute anywhere (I hope) requiring an incumbent to stand for reelection.

If they try, can someone file a countersuit demanding Reagan appear on the ballot as well? He won’t refuse if asked, and as long as his explicit instructions are followed, he’d be better than their current candidate.

8 Likes

The election has come down to “the prosecutor versus the felon.” Can’t make this shit up.

28 Likes

I’m pretty sure the DNC has control over their selection process. Just like the RNC.

Johnson knows this. I think this is just an attempt to create enmity by capitalizing on many people’s lack of understanding of the way government works.

15 Likes

I mean, of course they are going with this “DEI” stuff. It’s been their big thing for a bit.

With any luck, the non-MAGA “I’m here but don’t quote me” GOP left that is a woman, POC, or similar will take the opportunity to realize this party really does hate them and quietly back out of the room.

Some might. It’s possible.

That’s their strategy, go after the guy that’s no longer running.

As much as D’s are anti-Trump, the entire GOP’s identity revolved around Biden. It’s been amazing to watch today.

12 Likes

I know it’s only been a day, but I’m kind of shocked by how unprepared for this scenario the Republicans seem. I mean, I suspected this is the way it would eventually go down. It wasn’t a certainty, but it was enough of a possibility that they should have had a contingency plan. Maybe some effective messaging.

So far it seems like they’ve got nothing.

12 Likes

When they elected a Democrat governor.

3 Likes

don’t worry, they’ll think up a lie, and they’ll think it up quick.

6 Likes

It’s almost as if the Republicans (and fascists in general) aren’t secretly a bunch of super geniuses!

13 Likes