Kamala Harris ends presidential run

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/03/kamala-harris-ends-presidentia.html

4 Likes

The US AG spot is going to need a real prosecutor after tRump is finished selling the USA out.

giphy (3)

40 Likes

That would be a pretty good fit IMO.

12 Likes

From what I understand this has been telegraphed for a couple of weeks. Her campaign ran out of money and was laying off staff while she unwound her volunteer network.

5 Likes

See ya, cop.

16 Likes

so, the primary should ultimately be decided by january/february, let’s just skip the nonsense, the primary, the TV coverage, and just make plans until november, you know … use the time wisely and productively, work as a team.

do you mean “should be” as in “probably will be,” or as in “it would be optimal for it to be”?
Because if it is the first, I’ll be forced to agree and if you mean the second you are saying that I should have absolutely no no say in the matter, because my primary isn’t until the end of April.

5 Likes

What every candidate dropping out needs to say:

I have been proud to have had your support, and now I would ask for your help one last time: Stay involved! Find another candidate you can support. And whoever wins the Democratic party nomination, support them all the way to November next year, because this is a fight that we must win.

54 Likes

Is she not the first candidate who was actually doing something in the polls to drop out? She was not my favorite candidate, but I appreciated the view she brought. I would have hoped that a different female POC would be the next to drop out, but oh well…

7 Likes

I really hope Biden is next on the list…

27 Likes

Not going to happen, since he’s leading the polls.

3 Likes

She’s certainly the candidate with the highest poll rating to drop out so far, but she has been polling at 4-6% and trending downwards for a while now.

It’ inevitable that we’re going to see this happen a lot more as people assess their likelihood of actually winning delegates at the primaries.

My take on her campaign- she shot herself in the foot with the lack of ambition in her agenda, as exemplified by the student loan forgiveness plan that basically nobody would have qualified for.

10 Likes

Yeah, the Russians really want a Biden / tRump throw down, just the kind of general election circus to further erode voters in the USA.

tumblr_6e8b6333484b665182f9d03a703d9c84_6f6ad029_540

19 Likes

If Biden drops out the stated reason for the impeachment inquiry becomes moot.

Wait, what? How does anything Biden does at this point change what Trump did?

26 Likes

Could you use, say a large sharpie maker to draw a line between Biden / tRump?

7 Likes

And then there was only 28! I think…

10 Likes

Was there supposed to be a (/s) on that? Because otherwise it makes no sense at all.

13 Likes

Yes, straw-man does have a S in it.

6 Likes

I’m guessing because he is no longer considered a political rival.

But that doesn’t matter because he was one at the time.

6 Likes