Biden drops out of the race for President

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/21/biden-drops-out-of-the-race-for-president.html

19 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

56 Likes

Well, it’s done.

Now get the best possible candidate to beat Trump in place ASAP, and go forward, fighting as hard as possible.

58 Likes

It should be Harris. No one else no leapfrogging to another medicocre white dude who has skated by on their privileged and nice hair. Biden has endorsed her.

93 Likes

She would kick his ass, but it’s a trap. All the closet racists and sexists (and I’m not talking about MAGA here; I mean “independents” and even some Dems - there, I said it) would perceive her as an angry Black woman instead of the fierce intellectual she is.

50 Likes

Well, he has endorsed Kamala Harris for POTUS; it will be interesting to see who she picks as running mate.
Let’s hope infighting at the upcoming DNC is minimal & that Harris takes off the gloves.
It’s no time to be nice; since no quarter can be expected from Lord Dampnut, none should be given.

33 Likes

Well, maybe they can fuck the fuck off? Should we care what closet (and not so closeted) racists believe?

50 Likes

No, but unfortunately they are still voters.

33 Likes

And furthermore, it is now time to vote blue and remove all the Republican powermongers, rent seekers and haters.

42 Likes

True, but were those voters going to vote for Biden anyway? Were they Democratic voters, in general? I’m not so sure at this point.

20 Likes

I would like Gretchen Whitmer to run, the DNC will be interesting this time (disclaimer, not an American, but USA politics have worldwide repercussions, so I follow it)

7 Likes

And here we go… leapfrogging over the obvious candidate. :roll_eyes:

26 Likes

It has to be Harris. She has the record, experience, and access to the campaign war chest. This can invigorate the campaign; she’s young enough that her age isn’t a factor, is distanced enough from the stench of Biden’s “failures” in Gaza and Afghanistan (fair or not) that it is unlikely to taint her. I think she’d be an outstanding candidate.

If it’s anybody else, I think that we will be well and truly fucked.

60 Likes

The head ahole has spoken.

Crooked Joe Biden was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - And never was! He only attained the position of President by lies, Fake News, and not leaving his Basement. All those around him, including his Doctor and the Media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t - And now, look what he’s done to our Country, with millions of people coming across our Border, totally unchecked and unvetted, many from prisons, mental institutions, and record numbers of terrorists. We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

34 Likes

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

13 Likes

Go Kamala Go!

I wish we were in a world where this didn’t have to happen, or not this way, but I’m also excited for a Harris campaign and presidency.

I honestly think she’ll kick ass debating Trump, and I’m super excited for a woman of color as president.

26 Likes

Yes, they probably were.

To clarify, I think those voters can be persuaded to vote for Harris. I just think a debate with T**** is a trap. It’s a no-win situation. Trounce him and the persuadable bigots will actually fucking sympathize with him, like they did in 2016 when Hillary wiped the floor with his raggedy ass.

18 Likes

Really preaching that message of “unity”, isn’t he? That lasted all of 20 minutes.

22 Likes

I like Whitmer, too, but at this stage of the election:

A Series Of Unfortunate Events Go Jump In The Lake GIF by NETFLIX

13 Likes

I hope that Harris has been thinking long and hard about a good running mate.

18 Likes