Kamala Harris ends presidential run

1 Like

That’s like saying you can’t be charged with attempted murder if your victim later died of an unrelated heart attack.

31 Likes

Your Honor, my client cannot be convicted of witness tampering, because the person who my client supposedly intimidated just happens to no longer be a witness in a huge coincidence. CASE DISMISSED.

…which is why I’ve accepted the guest host role with Tucker Carlson where I can attack Democrats and question the legitimacy of the party’s primary with a friendly audience who are cheering me on for no reason other than altruism, I’m sure.

5 Likes

She would be a horrible choice, as she has been nothing remotely like a progressive in her professional legal career. She’s got an overwhelmingly reactionary conservative prosecutorial history and was a garbage Attorney General for California who actually fought for state to uphold wrongful convictions and keep innocent prisoners in jail among her any fights again justice reform. She refused to prosecute the bankers she needed to prosecute, and refused to prosecute the child-molesting priests she promised to prosecute, She’s an establishment cop through and through and we need much better than her running the Justice Department. The thought of her as AG nauseates me.

16 Likes

Kamala was never my favorite candidate, but I’m glad she ran. And just because we are not going to get a black woman for president in 2020, does not mean we won’t some day.

10 Likes

Ah, this is bad news. I hate how much money it takes to run for POTUS. I was so happy when Moonbeam beat Meg Whitman in the 2010 CA governor election. Whitman had spent a record level to finance her campaign.

Right; in the very least she helped normalize the idea of a woman-of-color candidate just as Hillary’s run helped normalize the idea of a female candidate.

20 Likes

I wouldn’t put it as colorfully as Mind is Buddha, but yeah, I get the feeling she’d be an asset for the string-pullers behind the entire marionette show, Trumpists and centrist oligarchs alike.

ETA: Based on what I know of her reputation, I would much rather have seen Condoleeza’s cousin Constance in the race.

7 Likes

I really like the idea of a woman of color being a presidential candidate. Just not this woman. I really hope for some of the justice dems are popular enough to run in one of the next election cycles.

5 Likes

Ever since I watched this movie, I can’t help but hear (in Mike Myer’s voice) asses when I read the word assess.

4 Likes

giphy|nullxnull

2 Likes

Yes!! They should use the social capital they’ve amassed to end tRump.

1 Like

Good point. Some like to point to Obama as a turning point, but his race still gets mentioned. This time around there’s a general disregard of the backgrounds of Harris, Wang, Booker, and Gabbard.

I guess it took the election of the first Citrus American for people to get over looking at the color of skin. :wink:

4 Likes

Plus, a really good concession speech that rallies followers to keep on towards the real goal will be noted, remembered and will be worth a lot of political capital down the road.

5 Likes

That’s always a big con-trov-isy.

He’s almost run out of money a couple of times, though. Harris is in the top third of the remaining candidates. It’s not her polling that led to this.

Oh, you’re from the school that thinks because the bank robber, when confronted by 100 police with guns drawn on the way out of the bank, drops the gun, tosses the cash back into the vault, and yells, “No Quid Pro Quo!” that no crime was committed?

8 Likes

Translation: “Hey Harris supporters- how about supporting me?”

4 Likes

That could actually be a good idea, as far as I see it. The important part of defeating Trump is to attract a wide support of independents and more liberal-leaning R’s, and Gabbard appears to be doing really well in those areas. Sanders isn’t too bad, either.

I think that’s what all candidates want all the time.

7 Likes