Kamala Harris ends presidential run

No. This is a base election.

5 Likes

My birthday is in March and I’d love to see Bernie get the nom nom locked up. Help me out happy mutants thank you senpais

2 Likes
19 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

I’m sure there is a position for her in a future Democratic administration, but like any losing candidate, she may have to swallow her pride.

2 Likes

My dream scenario is to see a 3 way race between Warren, Biden and Sanders asap.

I absolutely adore Bernie Sanders but the man is just too damn old to be an effective president. His legacy is amazing, he has been fighting the good fight for half a century but he needs to look at the damn calendar and accept that the demands of that job are not good for someone over the age of 80 (which he will be soon enough).

I do not adore Biden (the ‘Same old Shit’ candidate) and he has the same issue.

It really is time for a new generation to step in and take over the levers. Warren is no Spring chicken either.

Ugh. How many years until AOC can run?

Co-sign.

(9 characters)

Given the state of gerrymandering, voter suppression and the electoral college, the Democratic base alone is insufficient for victory.

But that does not mean attempting to appeal to soft Republicans; the tiny numbers of potential Trumpist defectors are massively outweighed by the huge population of non-voters. Most of whom are to the left of both parties, particularly when it comes to working-class economic issues.

Any attempt to appeal to soft fascists, or the continuation of policy driven by corporate cash, is going to keep those voters at home.

If middle class America continues to refuse to support the interests of working class America (which includes most of Black America), then working class Americans are not going to save the American empire from destroying itself.

10 Likes

Yeah. I am waiting to see if someone will suggest “She’d be a great VP candidate, blacks and women would turn out in bigger numbers”. I refuse to think that black and female Americans are that gullible.

2 Likes

This highlights something that has been bothering me about this extended primary season, the drive to remove actual voters from the process. Senator Harris might not have been on my short list, but she was a legitimate candidate with national recognition. It would be nice to have at least some voters weigh in. Bill Clinton didn’t even declare until October and Kennedy not until January.

Traitor says what?

2 Likes

Because they haven’t made it to the general election.

RNC’s just saving their dog whistles until they need them.

3 Likes

That god-damn beeper gets me every time.

3 Likes

To be perfectly honest I love the “political perfectionism” that goes on.

Oh Harris would be awful she’s not “progressive enough”.

Ok. Sure she’s not progressive enough for YOU. But hell. We have bill fucking Barr right now. Yeah let’s burn Kampala harris’ name in effigy as horrible.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I’m very happy to have her stay in the Senate.

2 Likes

Don’t do the “tRump” thing.

I get it. Rump is another name for a butt, and Trump is totally a butt! Lol. Super funny.

But seriously, stop. It makes us look stupid.

1 Like

too late. we already live in a country which elected the man as our commander in chief. nothing gets any stupider than that

how people choose to express themselves and the politics of politeness hasn’t won any battles lately ( if ever )

17 Likes

Keep true to yourself Papasan - I like it.

19 Likes