Buy a random permanent tattoo from this vending machine

Without wanting to come over too deadweight, I’ve been around enough Shoah survivors and their children to have extremely firm views on tattoos.

That wouldn’t happen to be Dave Lum would it? If so he did 5 of my 7.

If you truly cannot decide what you want, you will have either a random life, or no life.

People who truly cannot decide NEED shit like this or they stop dead in their tracks!

But that’s really about consent, not art, isn’t it?

1 Like

Just this morning, I thought to check to see if I still had my tattoo. Yep, it’s still there, a little blue-green dot from when I was stabbed in the hip by a pencil-wielding idiot running through the halls in seventh grade. I guess that’s pretty random.

And no, the idiot wasn’t me.

6 Likes

I got a little change in my pocket goin’ jing’a’ling’a’ling.

1 Like

Hey, I have one just like that on my wrist, from where someone threw a dip-pen in art class! I got mine when I was 13 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s been kind of weird watching tattoo culture evolve from people getting a small, very meaningful symbol somewhere – usually covered by a shirt – to being way more overt about big, showy, playful tattoos, to the current trend I see of “getting something, anything, to cover big parts of your body in tats”. I still see people around here getting entire pages of the Bible tattooed onto their backs or thighs.

2 Likes

Now thats irony!

1 Like

OK so as to the main article, anyone who has spent time waiting in a tattoo shop probably did see someone coming in and looking at the flash art on the wall trying to decide what to get. People who wanted a tattoo for what ever reason but clearly didnt know what they wanted. More than once I saw one of these people end up picking out something form the wall or book of flash and end up getting that tattoo. Maybe this system is for those people who want a tattoo but don’t know what.

I’ve seen stupider life decisions made by flipping a coin and some people would say my own tattoos were bad life decisions so what can I say here?

Right? It’s so goofy. I’ve seen plenty of people at local beaches with paragraphs from Psalms on their backs or thighs.

Thus accelerating the process of going form something possibly visually interesting to “gray green blur”

1 Like

kinda like how most people with american flag tattoos or even worse confederate flag tattoos are “anti-kneelers”. Heck the confederate flag people will have beach towels, bumper stickers, beer cozys, and more with the flag on it. I’m not sure they get “irony”… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

More irony in the sense of Leviticus 19:28

1 Like

Some of my shit coulda easily been random, oh well.

Most heavily tattooed people I know don’t require some deeper meaning behind every little thing they get, and I really don’t understand that trend. Some of my tattoos have meaning, some are meaningless/funny, but most really serve as a visual journal of sorts- I can look at any of them and remind myself what I was going through at the time.

Also, they all mean Don’t Fuck With Me. Every single one. I’m a nice person, I’ll talk to anyone, about anything. I’m generally smiling, and as approachable as it gets. Just don’t fuck with me.The only people that fuck with me are the truly insane, but even they know I might also be insane, so normally they don’t give me the full loco (except that dude on the bus who threatened to kill me 20+ times in the span of a five minute conversation while nervously reaching into his duffel bag repeatedly. Do you have a knife in there, vato? Nvm I don’t wanna know… That was a special case tho)

So yeah. Don’t fuck with me, plz n thx.

3 Likes

With all due respect, I don’t understand this viewpoint. It seems like despising black greatcoats because the SS wore them.

2 Likes

Given that Don’t Fuck With Me can be defined in all kinds of vague ways, I guess you’re perpetuating the stereotype of folks with tattoos, so I’m glad I don’t know you.

I waiting to work the finances and the courage to get my first tattoo. A pimpernel flower on inner wrist.

2 Likes

I think the irony lies more in the fact that the bible forbids tattoos.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m aware, thus my agreement with the comment.