Buy your own nail printer: put your finger in and it'll dye art on it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/21/buy-your-own-nail-printer-put.html

3 Likes

mr Zorg will see you now

7 Likes

I must not polish. Polish is the nail-killer. Polish is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will acetone my polish. I will permit it to pass over my nails and through my nails. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its cuticle. Where the polish has gone there will be nothing. Only nails will remain.

20 Likes

Box%20of%20Pain

Lady Jessica: BTW Paul, nice nails.

Paul Atreides: Thanks. I like cats.

11 Likes

At first casual scrolling glance, the top photo looks like scabs and/or bruises and/or massive fungal infection.

Edited to add: zoomed in, they’re puppies! awwww!!!

2 Likes

A local church had a sign: “We use duct-tape. God used nails.”

Maybe that’s what they meant?

1 Like

The original machine had one’s entire hand in the printer, rather than one digit at a time.

“nail artist”

More like YouTuber and nail polish enthusiast. Christine is a crime and health statistician.

1 Like

giphy

7 Likes

Now I totally want to print pictures of fingernail disease signs from my Pathology textbook.

4 Likes

That’s a really weird way to describe the crucifixion.

5 Likes

fclSZot

14 Likes

More than a decade ago I saw a similar, but much cheaper, device exhibited at the annual SIGGRAPH conference. It was a modified inkjet printer. The nail was first painted with a white, perhaps florescent, nail polish and then the hand held in the machine. The machine optically detected the surface of the nail and printed on it. Some years later I saw the same principle used in a fingernail printer marketed as a toy.

1 Like

Well, good thing they didn’t use any personal protective equipment while staring at a high-intensity UV light…

2 Likes

How about a trip to Arboria?

4 Likes

They did this on Phantasm, too…

4 Likes

A thousand bucks? Wahad! No woman-child ever withstood that much!

1 Like

You could print on a little picture of someone who’s biting their nails.

2 Likes

Cristine. no H.

1 Like