Just look at these bananails

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/12/keratin-potassium.html

4 Likes

That’s going to raise some eyebrows at the nail salon!

1 Like

SdS2YTs

8 Likes

Whatever it takes for some people to quit picking their nose, I guess.

5 Likes

That looks painful.

4 Likes

7 Likes

“My hands are so soft that my fingers feel like five peeled bananas.”

— Bob Hope

4 Likes

6b08c6b80d293a93145698034a557adb0a9e9445_1_690x387

8 Likes

IKR!

meUxCykRej8sW5ZxNM8JfoA

3 Likes

Thanks, it’s been too long since I’ve seen a banana post to “just look at”.

3 Likes

How long?

8 Likes

Well, if not eyebrows, it’ll certainly raise some nose hairs if the owner ever bites their nails by mistake when hungry.

2 Likes

Indeed! You don’t want to know what I’ve had to just look at while I waited for more bananas.

4 Likes

We had those when I was a kid! Those exact ones! “I herd u like corn, so I put corn on your corn…”

3 Likes

If you’re feeling nostalgic, they still make them. I’ve got a delightful set picked up within the last few years at a “Ralph’s” grocery store (Kroeger to the USA-ians not on the west coast).

Also, as the parent with at least some art/craft skills, I’m the one responsible for GirlChild’s nails, and while we’ve done “insane UV glow nails”, ladybugs, snowstorm, and recently “streaky fire”. I can’t imagine what a pain in the butt those impractical banana nails were. (and I’m not showing them to GirlChild because she’ll want some if I do.)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, for fuck’s sake. Just look at these… how impractical they are. Even moreso than the fairly recent ‘nail art’ with tampon strings added. Also, if you’re into it - no fisting with those nails.

2 Likes

Because the fancy nails would break right away, right?

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.