Caillou cancelled in early victory for 2021

Well, you probably have some clue as to what 2g1c is about. And yet none about the Caillou fuss. Which is all I was getting at – people generally have some idea what makes the two girls video horrible.

Never heard of that – gives me a strong Peppa/Ben & Holly vibe. We’ll have to check it out.

My kids are beyond the Caillou age, thank god. If I ever have grandkids I’ll just bump them straight up to Big Mouth, skip the kids stuff. At least then they will have something to talk about with their parents on the way home from Grampa’s place.

1 Like

Fair enough! I knew there was a cup? And last year I finally was exposed to the general concept. I think it was much easier to stay away from because the whole point seemed to be to trick people into watching it (with shock videos and such).

1 Like

I heartily recommend it :smiley:

And yeah,UK production, so there’s that touch of britishness about it, like Peppa and Ben and Holly.

1 Like

Nick, there was so much Brit imported kidvid when mine was growing up, he had a budding proper English accent, and would insist on saying ‘shedule’ for schedule.
Not all of it was great, but a bunch of it was charming enough that I still remember specific episodes.

Gosh, remember when this seemed so important…

5 Likes

Ha! This is exactly what Girlchild called the little whiner.

I’m so happy that my kid was into things like “Yo Gabba Gabba” rather than this horrendous cartoon.
(though I could have done without the Peppa pig little brother that whines just as much)

1 Like

Technically though, the best episode of Caillou was actually a Family Guy episode.

My daughter didn’t whine until she started watching Caillou. I hated that kid.

2 Likes

Kids are absolutely amazing mimics, and sponges for that stuff, my kid is growing up bilingual, and she switches between languages in a way that I envy…

Yep. I’m specifically thinking of an episode where the younger sister is teething.

There was a study which purported to show that SpongeBob caused kids to be hyper and wound-up whereas Caillou had a calming effect. At the time, I thought, “yeah sure, but no one in my house overturned a bowl of food onto the floor after they watched SpongeBob.”

1 Like

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.