California gets ready to punch back

They’d have to get the permits first, right?

3 Likes

and they will then have to get a lot of equipment and material to a geographically small and densely developed area.

3 Likes

I appreciate the belated spirit of resistance, but it is Congress that has the say on every one of these issues. Where was the “mainstream” punchback in 2010 after the disenfranchisement of the rest of the country in choosing representation made this outcome inevitable? Why the focus on the Resident Rump?

Sigh. I know why. It’s because homegrown Cali scum like Darrel Issa and Peter Thiel didn’t scare people enough for blue Cali to respond. God knows why. The problem is that scum like that rule in the rest of the country. Why would blue Cali care about the loss of democracy in the middle of the country? Or Florida?

This has been a problem for a while, and Cali is not far removed from that kind of crap, all the way from the 1970s through the reign of the Grubbinator.

And really, it shouldn’t be a matter of “getting all our tax money back”, it should be “starve the beast makes everything shit, so let’s work on that.”

3 Likes

Pretty sure the taxes from NYC carry most of the rest of the state.

4 Likes

Every time you say “Cali,” a hippie dies.

Right up there with “Frisco.”

24 Likes

I grew up and live in Oregon. My feels for Cali feels is… limited. But I’ll try to stop. Maybe in my next comment.

Right up there with “Frisco.”

Hey, we both have end-of-land-sadness, right?

8 Likes

Ima from Seattle, man. I only live in California.

5 Likes

No, seriously. Native Californians hate the nickname “Cali.”

19 Likes

Any resident of over 5 or 10 years will cringe at Cali, Frisco, Las Angle-lees, etc.

You may call San Bernadino “San Berdoo” tho.

I love listening to newscasters in LA pronounce names like Cahuenga and Los Feliz. Legit.

19 Likes

I retracted my comment.

12 Likes

And I retracted mine.:confused:

3 Likes

I made an account just to reply to this.

Looking at the words you wrote that followed this: You shouldn’t have.

26 Likes

you shouldn’t! Yours was interesting!

3 Likes

So wait, I can’t get my LL Cool J on now without being racists against Calimen?

8 Likes

That so-important first post can always be tricky and sometimes people just flub it. Pressure or something maybe.
But looking on the bright side, it’s easy to improve from here!

13 Likes

I always wondered how many sides an Oregon is supposed to have.

20 Likes

They don’t use equipment. They use unpaid Polish guys.

1 Like

Your ziggurat, sar!

9 Likes

Congress passed a law 50 years ago making it illegal to use national origin as a basis for turning away immigrants. The problem is that our laws are just words on paper unless someone is able and willing to enforce them.

Andrew Jackson waged a genocidal campaign against Native Americans even after the Supreme Court told him to cut it out. He was also censured by congress for refusing to turn over financial documents. In the end neither of those things stopped him from getting on the 20 dollar bill.

35 Likes

“Or a Gen?”

My grandpappy is from Corvallis.

3 Likes