California man suspected of delivering dope via drone

Originally published at: California man suspected of delivering dope via drone | Boing Boing

1 Like

The patrol officer who found and arrested Piani Friday in the 900 block of Enchanted Way & cross street of Smokey McPot Lane.

FIFY

3 Likes

I’m one of those weirdos who still thinks “if you’re reblogging someone else’s story, you need to include a link to their coverage.”

1 Like

I don’t see the problem

4 Likes

Some people prefer an organic approach.

2 Likes

As soon as drones started proliferating, I figured drug dealers would be into it in a big way. Reduce your exposure to the cops, become more available to your user base, break the chain of evidence needed to convict… There’s just no downside to this, if you’re a dealer!

For all I know, there’s already a bunch of 6th generation autonomous drones being used to discreetly deliver illicit packages in big cities. But the guys getting caught are like this guy, who doesn’t have the engineering know-how to cover his tracks.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t been going on for longer. Even before the days of these modern rotorcraft we have, just like regular-old RC airplanes. Rig up some very simple go-in-this-direction autopilot, a tracker beacon, and let 'er rip.

I wonder if the weight/range limits make it impractical.

1 Like

So am I, as you can tell my looking at every other post I’ve made. The missing hyperlink was an error that I’ve fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

The department will further investigate the drone’s usage.

…after the drone was discovered flying slow and erratically.
Decriminalize drone usage!

2 Likes

All the dope in California
Is on a drone in the middle of Beverly Hills
In somebody else’s name
So if you’re slingin’
In California
It don’t matter at all where you’ve flown before
California’s a brand new game

3 Likes

Didn’t mean to single you out in particular, but this has been a recently recurring issue with BB posts:

1 Like

GPS logs? :thinking:

1 Like

So what kind of range do drones have these days?

Asking for a friend in the Confederacy.

2 Likes

I don’t think B. F. Skinner had this in mind.

1 Like

We’ve finally gone full Snow Crash o.o’ .

2 Likes

ISWYDT: "Fixed"IFY

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.