California postures toward secession

Isn’t that just Gene Simmons naked?

1 Like

As far as I know, the colorado river mostly ships water to LA, which isn’t well known for its agricultural produce these days. The central valley is mostly watered by run off from the sierras AFAIK

California’s flag looks like classic design by committee; “OK we’ll compromise and instead of either of these two simple elegant designs we’ll mash them into an unbalanced clutter!”

(Well, OK, it looks like that until you see the state seal. Then the flag looks rather good, by comparison.)

If Californians really want all that symbology in their official graphics they should consider hiring Stanley Mouse to do it in the style of Rick Griffin. It would be totally tubular, I’m telling you.

5 Likes

That’s sweet. I haven’t seen that one in a long time.

(Speaking of California succession lore: when the Jefferson state successionists had a parade to celebrate the proposed state of Jefferson, during that first week of December 1941, there were two bears in the parade named “Itchy” and “Scratchy”)

3 Likes

Fuck. Some of us are stuck in Jesusland.

4 Likes

I left 20+ years ago now… hopefully to never ever return.

1 Like

I know I could actually leave, but I’d be leaving with almost nothing. We were only able to afford to buy a house because property values are low. Assuming we could sell the house, and it wouldn’t be for much, my partner will not leave. I’d be walking away alone, and that has zero appeal.

On the up-side the nearby aquifer is not in danger of drying up. Who knows what’s coming, but I guess I’ve hung my hope on low population density and not drawing attention to myself.

4 Likes

That’s the documentary.

5 Likes

Sometimes I can’t believe it
I’m movin’ past the feeling again

Considering the coincidence of who was governor in 1977, I propose Hotel California.

/ducks

Also, lyrics would be appropriate for the prison camps for the conservatives that stay behind.

1 Like

I assumed that it was a mutant dogcow…

3 Likes

I would say this proves that at least one Simpsons writer is a time traveler.

“Moof!”

1 Like

does this relate in some way to the proposed state of Jefferson?

My family has been in California since 1908, and I have no plans to leave. On the other hand, we could manage quite well without the rest of the states east of our boarder. At least we could keep the money that goes to supporting Jesusland; for every dollar of federal taxes we pay, we only get back about $0.81. I want our 19 cents back.

Bear Flag Republic Forever!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.