Californians have a chance to legalize magic mushrooms next year

Oh… of coarse.
Now I get it.

Likewise, i have not gone as far as to actually try shrooms. I kind of want to but i would much rather be able to do so legally if given the chance. I’ve been too scared to try medication for anxiety and depression, friends of mine that are on meds tell me about the side effects or how it makes them feel and i’m too weirded out by it.

andy lechter’s book “shroom” is a great read.

american surfers (bob cooper?) visiting australia in the early 60s hipped the locals onto the magic mushrooms that carpet the east coast of australia.
george greenough’s surf films all include a scene showing you how to identify gold top mushrooms.

1 Like

Straight shrooms is less gut-wrenching than LSD, and things are much more “wonderful” in my experience. I remember a really good batch I had back in the early 90s had me laughing my butt off for what felt like an hour.

3 Likes

mmmm . . . shrooms

2 Likes

It may not seem this way, but America is getting a bit less straight laced as we go. The generation you refer to is aging out. Brahmin Massachusetts is about to have legal recreational sales of marijuana. I then we do grasp the nuance more than the straight laced that came before us.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t use the term “cutting edge” to try to sell this. It’s been used by humans for millennia. I understand more science is coming in, but “cutting edge” implies it isn’t already established in healing practices.

1 Like

Ironically, cocaine is already a schedule II, meaning that there is accepted medical value and technically able to be legally prescribed by a doctor. However, in reality you had better have a really good reason because the DEA will certainly be curious.

3 Likes

This guy makes a pretty good argument.

Be sure to get around to it before you die; it can be pretty damn special.

1 Like

I would like to, i have a friend that could source some for me should i decide to finally try it.

IT WASN’T ALREADY LEGAL?!

:wink:

1 Like

Research shows that psilocybin mushrooms can be useful against depression in a single moderate to large dose as little once a year or even less for some. You sort of lose a day to the treatment, but the value is long lasting and doesn’t require constant microdosing. The trip is an essential part of the treatment, and so set and setting are important. There are clinical settings for such treatment in some places, including the Netherlands. Others take on the job of learning the basics behind what is involved for themselves, find a friend to be their sober minder, and create the set and setting on their own.

2 Likes

Scheduling would be no problem for me, as I am an artist with a schedule bound only by my paintings. Set and setting might be a different story, as I’m residing in Tijuana in an extremely basic apartment. I’d probably plan for a weekend trip to San Diego or L.A. with a friend.
I’m quite sure there’d be no trouble as I have experience with mushrooms, and always have the presence of mind to behave when necessary.

1 Like

Those gold tops are some good shit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.