Calling a man "bald" is now considered sexual harassment, rules a judge in England

It’s political correctness gone mad! In that this is the insane version of how things are supposed to go. Jeez guys, just because something is “abuse” doesn’t mean it’s sexual harassment (the dynamics are hardly the same). Is it not enough that something was just abuse? This is literally just describing a hair style, no different from mentioning other haircuts or hair color. Are people now going to have to come up with elaborate euphemisms for bald people? “The dark haired guy over there - if he had any hair.”

Also a four-letter word! Goodness!

3 Likes

Oh good now maybe bald men can enjoy being cold-shouldered out of the workplace because it’s too hard not to harass them.

Jk… I know how the world works.

/Is it even s anymore or has my cynicism created a black hole in my psyche…I can’t tell

15 Likes

Got it. So “follicularly challenged” is the term to go with, then.

11 Likes

I don’t recall him being called out, but I do know lots of people find him sexy. And the bald head must have been part of it?

I guess it makes some sense.

Of course, while way less common, woman can be bald, so is it a gendered trait? When I was little, across the street lived Melvin and Anita who were like my 3rd set of Grandparents. Anita was bald and wore a wig, and so I learned very little woman can be bald too.

2 Likes

can’t believe this doesn’t have more likes

5 Likes

what…? “bald”'s just German for ‘soon’.

16 Likes
7 Likes

That’s just the way of the Boing :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Too sexy for the history books now, I guess.

6 Likes

“British Bung Company”

A well-known centre for corruption?

8 Likes

If I sat on the floor my toddler twins would climb all over me as if I were playground equipment. We called it “Climbing Mt. Baldy.” This court ruling has ruined this happy memory for me so I am going to sue the court in the UK. Wish me luck!

10 Likes

That’s why I say the decision is likely to fall on appeal (if it is appealed, it may well not be). Whether it is a gendered trait or not, the decision doesn’t (in my view) adequately establish that. It’s just personal anecdote from the judges.

4 Likes

Or really tightly closed…

6 Likes

The word “cvnt” didn’t bother him much at all, but labeling him as “bald” crossed the line.

My Friday is complete.

13 Likes

Really? This is where we’re going with this?

Oddly enough - even if this decision were in any way setting any kind of binding precedent - it still doesn’t preclude use of the word “bald” in a relevant context.

At best/worst, it just means that using it as an insult in the workplace is something you might get disciplined for.

If not insulting one’s colleagues is too difficult, perhaps working with other people should be avoided.

7 Likes

Bung, isn’t that what you get when you don’t clean your boing for a few years and it’s all clogged up?

5 Likes

Star Trek Reaction GIF

5 Likes

Stephen Colbert Emmys 2019 GIF by Emmys

Also… captain picard…

Picard Role Model GIF by Star Trek

14 Likes

The judge: “Wait - bald, as in no hair? Sorry, I thought you said balled - as in having testicles!”

5 Likes
7 Likes