CALLING ALL STATIONS: The BBS Plays Rise of the Tomb Raider

Hey, if I can break the patriarchy by trying to confuse spawn points and jigging up against every barrier in the game, then I guess I’m going to break the patriarchy.

8 Likes

There has already been another game in the series. With no scenes like this. Hence the next game was better. That game was NOT Rise of the Tomb Raider. It was Tomb Raider. Ok…the naming convention makes it hard to tell. From what I read, there was a different team writing for the latest one, through with Crystal Dynamics providing the technology and some continuity.

2 Likes

Are you referencing something different than Tomb Raider 2013? (which I discussed in my second post)

1 Like

No I directly quoted you. You said “Anticipating the next game will do better” and I’m mentioning there IS a next game. And it DID do better.

1 Like

And didn’t I already say that it was a solid game that I liked a lot? So what do we do now, high five?

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Gaming Chit-Chat and Tea-Time

Preload is ready.

Also I don’t think ol’ FunkDaddy is gonna claim his, so another Steam copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider is up for grabs (this has been claimed). Really any regular here on BBS who has Steam and is willing to use it is fine, so PM me.

3 Likes

I’m tempted, but I’d just slow you young folks down. Leave me here with a rifle and a canteen of water and my copy of TR2 from 1997. I’ll be fine.

12 Likes

Enjoy your angled boobs and butts.

5 Likes

If there are no other willing volunteers, I’d accept a copy of a Steam game and play it. And write an honest review. It may be briefer than a full gamer-mag writeup.

I’ve never played a Tomb Raider title. I’m mostly a Mario/Zelda/Half-Life/Portal gamer.

KSP is in line ahead of it, and I expect I’ll be a couple of weeks on that.

If not, that’s totally fine.

1 Like

Careful there.

3 Likes

Mind if I butt in?

(Can review immediately upon completion, starting right away)

1 Like

Available: January 28
This game will unlock in approximately 18 hours

unf unf

2 Likes

Will you be having eye trouble tomorrow? “can’t see working”

2 Likes

Calling this now:

Tomb Raider: Rise of the Thigh Gap.

4 Likes

Also, need to find out what makeup Lara uses. So far she’s had the same eyeshadow in a mountain avalanche, a rainy London night, and in the desert in Syria. She’s unsmudgable.

5 Likes

I’m maybe 45 mins in.

Every time she gets out of the water, she fixes her ponytail.

Don’t tell me that’s “realistic detail” when I’ve already played the save-Lara-from-her-death-with-a-timely-pickaxe-whilst-she-is-sliding-down-the-mountain. Three times already. STAHP.

5 Likes

Do they still have the button you can press to make her do everything slowly and do handstands etc? I am guessing not…

3 Likes

I have not been able to play since the game failed to launch from Steam. Then I discovered every time I invoke Explorer (the filesystem browser, not the web browser) it crashes and takes the shell with it. So probably related. I guess I need to rebuild my system anyway…

3 Likes

Tomb Raider GO for iOS still has the handstands for scripted cliff climbs.

1 Like