Cambridge chef beats Guinness World Record for World's Largest Chicken Nugget

Originally published at: Cambridge chef beats Guinness World Record for World's Largest Chicken Nugget | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmm nugget.

I’ve been a mostly veggie pescatarian for years but every once in awhile I get a fierce craving for nuggets. This would put an end to that once and for all, right?

1 Like

Weird the article names her “Lynn” but the video names her “Lynja.”

She turns out to be a serious scientist. Yikes. She’s the most interesting part of this.

1 Like

Need to convene an international committee on the definition of les nuggets on this one, as wikipedia:

A chicken nugget is a food product consisting of a small piece of deboned chicken meat that is breaded or battered …

Whereas this is a case of ground chicken:

The chefs used 40 pounds of ground chicken,…

(if “ground meat” may replace “small piece of meat” why then the whole adult film industry…)

2 Likes

Enough to feed an entire student for a day!

3 Likes

Now do a cheese curd! With a curd you need the breading to provide structural integrity to the melted cheese within. This could lead to all sorts of food innovations

“we choose cheese, not because it is easy, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills.”

Anyone remember the Ostrich -Egg Scotch Egg?
Science, why do you do this?

Just the thought of this gets my bowels in an uproar.

1 Like

As a single serving, it must be fatal.

1 Like

A little hot mustard sauce … I could eat that.

1 Like

Wikipedia doesn’t say the deboning can’t happen through mincing:

The processing required for making chicken nuggets begins with deboning. The chicken is cut and shaped to the correct size. This is done either manually, or by a series of automatic blades, or by a process called grinding (a method of deboning in which the softer parts of the chicken carcass are forced through a mesh, leaving behind the more solid pieces, resulting in a meat paste. If used, this paste is then shaped before battering).

By that definition ground chicken is also deboned chicken meat.

(Honestly, the opening sentence and then this definition of “deboning” smells of McDonald’s spin doctors having a hand in the writing of the Wikipedia article)

1 Like

Truly it will liberate us from the cycle of samsara

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.